• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

now they say SALT is killing me -- first sugar, now salt ... ahhhhhh I need to know

eye95

I didn't bother to read your link, but "they" have been saying for decades that salt will kill you.

Nothing new about that for anyone who has been paying attention.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I didn't bother to read your link, but "they" have been saying for decades that salt will kill you.

Nothing new about that for anyone who has been paying attention.

They'll say anything will kill you .. just let "us" protect you as only we can

If I want to eat 10 pounds of salt a day .. I should be able to eat 10# everyday .. leave me alone

Last edited:

nonameisgood

now they say SALT is killing me -- first sugar, now salt ... ahhhhhh I need t...

It's not salt, it's excess salt. And even then it's really more a combination of too little water and too much salt, as far as most diets go.

That said, yes, if it is your desire, you should be free to do as you please, but I am free to deny medical care to you to the extent it cost me money or causes people who need care through no fault of their own. (Assuming it is a scarce resource, and/or is eventually paid for by insurance or taxes)

It's marginally analogous to any sort of over consumption, in that doing so causes ripples which make a resource unavailable for others who truly need it. The resource being salt or healthcare or cemetery space. ;-)

davidmcbeth

Banned
I

That said, yes, if it is your desire, you should be free to do as you please, but I am free to deny medical care to you to the extent it cost me money or causes people who need care through no fault of their own
)

Well, there is "no fault of their own" unless you are talking about getting into an accident that's not your fault.

OC for ME

It's not salt, it's excess salt. And even then it's really more a combination of too little water and too much salt, as far as most diets go.

That said, yes, if it is your desire, you should be free to do as you please, but I am free to deny medical care to you to the extent it cost me money or causes people who need care through no fault of their own. (Assuming it is a scarce resource, and/or is eventually paid for by insurance or taxes)

It's marginally analogous to any sort of over consumption, in that doing so causes ripples which make a resource unavailable for others who truly need it. The resource being salt or healthcare or cemetery space. ;-)
Thank you for the liberal view.

nonameisgood

now they say SALT is killing me -- first sugar, now salt ... ahhhhhh I need t...

Not liberal. And I'm not advocating that we restrict salt with a Bloombergian ban, only pointing out that making choices (which we should be free to make) does impact others.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Thank you for the liberal view.

+1 Its this type of viewpoint that they also use to support insurance mandate gun control bills .. the cost to society regarding gunshot treatments.

Mind you 99% of those shot are criminals that are not going to get insurance ... so the effect of the bills will be zip..but never mind that, look the other way !

Ca Patriot

Did you read that new study that showed that if you have a perfect diet low in salt, trans fats and avoid excess sugar that you still die ?

eye95

now they say SALT is killing me -- first sugar, now salt ... ahhhhhh I need to

Did you read that new study that showed that if you have a perfect diet low in salt, trans fats and avoid excess sugar that you still die ?

Not true.

Over half the people who have ever lived are alive today. Empirically speaking, you have less than a 50-50 chance of dying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member

As NaCl is water soluble, indeed one mainly just needs to increase their water consumption if they increase their salt consumption. On the contrary, you will also die if you drink too much water and don't eat enough salt!

1245A Defender

Well,,,

Not true.

Over half the people who have ever lived are alive today. Empirically speaking, you have less than a 50-50 chance of dying.

<o>
could you have at least put a :D after that drivil?
All the folks here, before now, died! 100%
All the folks here now WILL die, all of us! 100%
Their is No chance involved, not any! Were going to die, I garauntee it! :D

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Soldiers have died from drinking too much water while waiting for the monthly piss test.

Salt could have saved them
I did 21 years in the Army, and was also one of the guys in charge of administrating the pee tests. I have heard of soldiers drinking too much water and dying, but not waiting to do a pee test.

ADobbs1989

Not true.

<o>

I don't accept your statistics. In 100 years (unless science finds a way to stop the aging process) everyone alive right now except maybe 0.000000000001% will be dead. All 6 billion people. For this to remain true the population would have to double every generation which doesn't happen. Considering the modern human evolved around 200,000 years ago and the relatively short life expectancies up until the late 1900's we wouldn't be able to move if populations effectively doubled every generation to keep up with the death toll being 50% of the current population.

davidmcbeth

Banned
As NaCl is water soluble, indeed one mainly just needs to increase their water consumption if they increase their salt consumption. On the contrary, you will also die if you drink too much water and don't eat enough salt!

I heard is was sodium chloride, not NaCl....

and 99.99% of people murdered have died too ...