Thread: NE Ohio lawyers...

NE Ohio lawyers...

A while back, after the Colorado theater shooting, a north ridgeville man took a handgun, magazines, and knives into the Crocker park regal cinema for the Dark Knight Rises showing. He was found guilty and sentenced to 6 months in jail today. Prosecuting Attorney Mark Mahoney, said on Fox8 news,"I think the judge got the message out that you shouldn't bring unlicensed guns into an unlicensed building." This guy is a lawyer and doesn't know that guns don't need to be registered in Ohio, but still can prosecute someone for something he is so misinformed on? I think this guy needs to be informed on the law.

The guy in the theater wasn't open carrying, his gun was concealed in a bag. So in this case, "unlicensed" doesn't refer to registration but rather the fact that the guy was carrying concealed without a CHL.

"Unlicensed building" is a poor choice of words but I suspect he is referring to the "no guns" sign.
    Last edited by RT48; 03-22-2013 at 07:04 AM.

Banned
    Without full information, I won't pass judgment on the carrier nor on the judge. If things are as the second poster says, the carrier broke the law and earns no sympathy from me. If he was lawfully carrying, then I'd like to help him overcome the injustice.

What I was pointing out was the prosecuter said, unlicensed firearms in unlicensed places. In Ohio, firearm licensing and registration isn't required was my point. The defendant had everything in a backpack, I was just giving background on the case with that.

You have to be careful of the words you use in forums like this. You'll also want to be careful about assigning intent to someone else's words when they can't (or don't know that they should) defend themselves here.

All we can honestly pull from that attorney's comments are that he is an idiot.

------------------------------------------------------------
    What does a caring, sensitive person feel when they are forced to use a handgun to stop a threat?

Recoil.