• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stafford teachers get training for active shooter

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Probably starting with saying something about the fact that every single time a teacher got their hands on a gun their finger went inside the trigger guard. (I'm sure they were yanking away on it while goinging "Pew! Pew! Pew!" in their head.)

Where is the walkie-talkie that connects to 911?

Schools have waklie-talkies that connect to 911? Wonder if the Stafford Country Sheriff's Department knows about that and keeps them plugged in to the charger bases.

Even if it takes just two minutes for police to arrive to a scene, that can be too long, said Martello, explaining how to grab onto a gun to disarm a shooter.

Sure. Let teachers think they can grab a gun away. And all without practice.

stay safe.

If Pro-Gunners were as violent as Anti-Gunners say they are, logic would dictate that there would be no Anti-Gunners left.

Motofixxer

Hopefully many of them realized that when there is a real threat, your on your own. The police are NOT there for who knows how long. Hopefully they realized that they are responsible for themselves as the courts have ruled repeatedly. Of course we all know that, but many of them, I'm guessing got a little bit of a wake up call. Cmon think positive guys.

Blk97F150

“The alternative to fighting is dying,” he said. “That really is the way it is. That’s the reality.”
Retired 1st Sgt. Frank Martello

That sure beats the 'just give the bad guy what they want' advice that has been SOP for many police departments over the years.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
Stafford teachers get training for active shooter

So many things I want to say about this article... I'm afraid I would be banned from further comment.

TFred

Well you have to admit that at the minimum, it is a step in the right direction. At least they're talking about this and starting some sort of program. It beats just telling them to cower and plead... then die. Maybe at the end of this "rainbow" some real common sense might enter the picture in the form of teachers and administrators having firearms on their persons. It beats digging a deeper hole in the sand into which they can place their heads.

Maybe there's a glimmer of hope out there.

HearseGuy

Well you have to admit that at the minimum, it is a step in the right direction. At least they're talking about this and starting some sort of program. It beats just telling them to cower and plead... then die. Maybe at the end of this "rainbow" some real common sense might enter the picture in the form of teachers and administrators having firearms on their persons. It beats digging a deeper hole in the sand into which they can place their heads.

+1!

Def a step in the right direction.

Like others mentioned, at least they aren't telling people to "vomit and urinate on themselves to repulse the attacker" lol

Last edited:

SouthernBoy

+1!

Like others mentioned, at least they aren't telling people to "vomit and urinate on themselves to repulse the attacker" lol

This made me laugh as I enjoyed a mental imagine of some people actually doing this. Maybe they could cause the killer to laugh himself to death..... nah, ain't gonna happen.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

+1!

I see it as a step sideways - it avoids the answer virtually screaming to be heard: you stop a life threatening attack with equal or greater force. Arming teachers and/or staff is the only answer that meets the classroom criteria.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I see it as a step sideways - it avoids the answer virtually screaming to be heard: you stop a life threatening attack with equal or greater force. Arming teachers and/or staff is the only answer that meets the classroom criteria.

I agree. A very small sideways step. The idea is great but the reality is flawed.

It takes months of training to try to fight an armed attacker, years to be good at it and you'd still probably get shot.

What they're teaching is in essence, suicide with good intentions. Still better than just sitting there...

BTW a lot of rape prevention instructors used to teach students to gag themselves so they threw up on the attackers.
I knew a girl in high school who drank a lot who would throw up on you even if she was willing....worked real well:uhoh:

Anyway....it's a start I guess. I wonder when they'll try this program in Virginia?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate

The story just said Stafford.
villagepeople.gif

Last edited:

SouthernBoy

Absolutely correct.

But at least they're doing something other than telling the teachers to use a whistle or scream or lock the doors and play dead. I would bet there are a fair number of teaches in Stafford who would like nothing better than to have the option of going armed while at work. So maybe the push has begun.

SouthernBoy

I was sure we gave that to Maryland on the promise they wouldn't try to give it back.:lol:

Oh hell no. I wouldn't give any of Virginia to Maryland. Look what they've done over there to themselves already and are trying to do now.

Must I keep trying to convince you people south of Fredericksburg that there really are some true blood, diehard Virginians up here? Trust me, we do exist.

The Wolfhound

At least it BEGINS to address reality.

These teachers for the very first time got an inkling that they are ON THEIR OWN in an active shooter situation. It is definitely a step in the right direction, just a baby step. If teachers start to realise the stupidity of the GUN FREE ZONE, they might just start to object and they have much more traction on the issue than the rest of us.

Last edited:

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
I had a chat with an elementary school principal this evening about active shooter situations. She said that the school's "wishes" are basically to hide and pray. Her personal feeling was escape, evade, fight back.......

Maybe, there's hope on the horizon.