Thread: OT,Thought i'd share this

OT,Thought i'd share this

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	263660_10200166356173941_1205030353_n.jpg 
Views:	571 
Size:	86.3 KB 
ID:	10155  

Beautiful

"Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms." Josey Wales

That's not the norm for the FOP. They've lobbied for gun control in the past. This sounds like a district that has woken Up.
    Last edited by tombrewster421; 03-22-2013 at 03:09 PM.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

Quote Originally Posted by tombrewster421 View Post
    That's not the norm for the FOP. They've lobbied for gun control in the past. This sounds like a district that has woken Up.
    FOP is like any other guild or labor union, the have a national umbrella divided into "locals" or "lodges" but it means the same thing...
    So the national FOP can make any decisions it wants at to what it supports based off of what the national's leaders say...

on the other hand, a lodge (also called a "local") branch of the union is actually the body that speaks for its members. Usually by contract a local is the sole represenative body of the members as well... but not always.

But long story short, if a majority of union members in that particular local support a certain position or want the local to adopt that position, then yes the local has a duty to represent the wishes of its members. so the rank and file officers and sergeants who are members of that lodge are probably the reason for that statement. keep in mind, the national union can say whatever they want, what you should pay attention to is these, the positions taken by the lodges
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Banned
    They'll be wearing tee-shirts with this printed on them .. when they are kicking in your door

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    FOP is like any other guild or labor union, the have a national umbrella divided into "locals" or "lodges" but it means the same thing...
    So the national FOP can make any decisions it wants at to what it supports based off of what the national's leaders say...

on the other hand, a lodge (also called a "local") branch of the union is actually the body that speaks for its members. Usually by contract a local is the sole represenative body of the members as well... but not always.

But long story short, if a majority of union members in that particular local support a certain position or want the local to adopt that position, then yes the local has a duty to represent the wishes of its members. so the rank and file officers and sergeants who are members of that lodge are probably the reason for that statement. keep in mind, the national union can say whatever they want, what you should pay attention to is these, the positions taken by the lodges
    The crappy part about that is that the national is using their union dues to lobby against their stated views.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!