Thread: Sen. Green's bills at a stand still

Angry Sen. Green's bills at a stand still

Read this article today and I find it somewhat disheartening. Maybe we need to start hammering out government "representatives" about this.

http://www.mlive.com/news/bay-city/i...l#incart_river
    Want to keep informed of Open Carry events in your area? Go to www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

For Drama free gun rights discussion, see http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/

Re: Sen. Green's bills at a stand still

I have always been of the thinking that without a united front ( meaning thousands of contributing members ) working to regain rights(2A); it will be a long hard road in MI. MOC, & MGO don't have the funding needed. MOC to it's credit tries very hard.

If you look at the states where major gains have been made: VA, AZ etc... you will see a template for what's needed in MI in my honest opinion. Good luck and keep the fire under their feet
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 03-23-2013 at 02:37 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Last edited by Raggs; 03-23-2013 at 04:35 PM.
    My reasons to OC
    1. to raise awareness of the legality of open carry in Michigan
    2. To raise awareness that good people carry guns
    3. A deterrent to people so that I won't be targeted
    4. Because it's more comfortable than CC in most situations
    5. Because I can and want to
    6. Because it's perfectly legal
    7. Self defense

Quote Originally Posted by Raggs View Post
    Wasn't there a thread about Sen Green being told to back off on this, and now this news comes out?
    Let's not start the celebrations just yet.
    'If the people are not ready for the exercise of the non-violence of the brave, they must be ready for the use of force in self defense. There should be no camouflage.....it must never be secret.' MK Gandhi II-146 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)-- Gandhi supports open carry!

'There is nothing more demoralizing than the fake non-violence of the weak and impotent.' MK Gandhi II-153 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)

Wasn't there a thread about Sen Green being told to back off on this, and now this news comes out?
    My guess is he was told that they have other "more important" stuff to deal with ATM. This is what my senator (Hildenbrand) who happens to be the assistant majority leader told me. Now Senator Green is waiting for a good time to push again.

The notion that we should save our energy until we are able to be effective and not allow the opposition to organize seems logical to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Bear View Post
    Let's not start the celebrations just yet.
    As I stated in the earlier thread, the proof will be in what actually gets accomplished. Hopefully (I think) Q will come along soon and give us an insider's point of view...well, as much as he feels able to say.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by bigt8261 View Post
    My guess is he was told that they have other "more important" stuff to deal with ATM. This is what my senator (Hildenbrand) who happens to be the assistant majority leader told me. Now Senator Green is waiting for a good time to push again.

The notion that we should save our energy until we are able to be effective and not allow the opposition to organize seems logical to me.
    Isn't that what we were told over the past session?
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Here we go again:

"If it ran through committee, it would just sit on the floor anyway," Green said Thursday, March 21. "I'd rather sit down with the people it affects and work out some sort of compromise."

Compromise, like criminalizing open carry?
    Last edited by mikestilly; 03-23-2013 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikestilly View Post
    Here we go again:

"If it ran through committee, it would just sit on the floor anyway," Green said Thursday, March 21. "I'd rather sit down with the people it affects and work out some sort of compromise."

Compromise, like criminalizing open carry?
    Instead of stirring that pot again, why not wait and see what, if any, compromises are proposed/made?
    Want to keep informed of Open Carry events in your area? Go to www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

For Drama free gun rights discussion, see http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/

Quote Originally Posted by DrTodd View Post
    As I stated in the earlier thread, the proof will be in what actually gets accomplished. Hopefully (I think) Q will come along soon and give us an insider's point of view...well, as much as he feels able to say.
    Q made a policy statement a few months ago that he won't discuss legislation on OCDO as it only leads to butthurt. If you want to discuss legislation with me, this thread has a twin on MOC's forum.

Take care!

Sadly, I forgot I had made this policy a week or two ago when I posted on a similar thread -- that thread turned into butthurt, thus reminding me and re-enforcing my policy. I made this policy for the peace of this forum.

ETA: Link to statement: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...80#post1902180

I've requested (OP) this thread be locked. I'm done answering questions about legislation on OCDO. I won't be posting updates about legislation on OCDO.

Those wishing to follow our legislative announcements can do so by signing up for our email list: http://eepurl.com/hJzk-/

Those having questions (of me) or wishing to discuss our legislative happenings (with me) are free to do so on our forum, http://forums.miopencarry.org -- unless you're banned from our Forum [...]

That's all...
    Last edited by TheQ; 03-23-2013 at 02:17 PM.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

My reasons to OC
    7. Self defense

Sen. Green's bills at a stand still

Seems when you talk about butt hurt you are referring to your own butt hurt.
    I thought bigt negotiated a cease-fire with you. It appears that you are already breaking it?
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

My reasons to OC
    7. Self defense

I am simply pointing out that it seems you have some butt hurt issues, a cease fire if that is what I agreed to would not mean I have to let you claim that butt hurt only happens on the otherside of the debate from you when it seems the butt hurt stems directly from your butt.
    Cease fire over, got it. My comment wasn't aimed at you, but you wanted to make it personal. So be it.

Fify

Quote Originally Posted by theq View Post
    My comment wasn't aimed at you. I'm sorry you felt it was. Please do not take it personally.
    What was this thread about again?
    Last edited by bigt8261; 03-23-2013 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigt8261 View Post
    Fify

What was this thread about again?
    I think it was about whether Midol makes a suppository. ..
    'If the people are not ready for the exercise of the non-violence of the brave, they must be ready for the use of force in self defense. There should be no camouflage.....it must never be secret.' MK Gandhi II-146 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)-- Gandhi supports open carry!

'There is nothing more demoralizing than the fake non-violence of the weak and impotent.' MK Gandhi II-153 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Bear View Post
    I think it was about whether Midol makes a suppository. ..
    Think they make one that I can fire with my airsofts? I need target practice...