• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sen. Green's bills at a stand still

FreeInAZ

I have always been of the thinking that without a united front ( meaning thousands of contributing members ) working to regain rights(2A); it will be a long hard road in MI. MOC, & MGO don't have the funding needed. MOC to it's credit tries very hard.

If you look at the states where major gains have been made: VA, AZ etc... you will see a template for what's needed in MI in my honest opinion. Good luck and keep the fire under their feet ;)

Last edited:

bigt8261

Wasn't there a thread about Sen Green being told to back off on this, and now this news comes out?

My guess is he was told that they have other "more important" stuff to deal with ATM. This is what my senator (Hildenbrand) who happens to be the assistant majority leader told me. Now Senator Green is waiting for a good time to push again.

The notion that we should save our energy until we are able to be effective and not allow the opposition to organize seems logical to me.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
My guess is he was told that they have other "more important" stuff to deal with ATM. This is what my senator (Hildenbrand) who happens to be the assistant majority leader told me. Now Senator Green is waiting for a good time to push again.

The notion that we should save our energy until we are able to be effective and not allow the opposition to organize seems logical to me.

Isn't that what we were told over the past session?

mikestilly

Here we go again:

"If it ran through committee, it would just sit on the floor anyway," Green said Thursday, March 21. "I'd rather sit down with the people it affects and work out some sort of compromise."

Compromise, like criminalizing open carry?

Last edited:

Ezerharden

Here we go again:

"If it ran through committee, it would just sit on the floor anyway," Green said Thursday, March 21. "I'd rather sit down with the people it affects and work out some sort of compromise."

Compromise, like criminalizing open carry?

Instead of stirring that pot again, why not wait and see what, if any, compromises are proposed/made?

TheQ

As I stated in the earlier thread, the proof will be in what actually gets accomplished. Hopefully (I think) Q will come along soon and give us an insider's point of view...well, as much as he feels able to say.

Q made a policy statement a few months ago that he won't discuss legislation on OCDO as it only leads to butthurt. If you want to discuss legislation with me, this thread has a twin on MOC's forum.

Take care! :)

Sadly, I forgot I had made this policy a week or two ago when I posted on a similar thread -- that thread turned into butthurt, thus reminding me and re-enforcing my policy. I made this policy for the peace of this forum.

ETA: Link to statement: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...Son-of-SB-59-Introduced&p=1902180#post1902180

I've requested (OP) this thread be locked. I'm done answering questions about legislation on OCDO. I won't be posting updates about legislation on OCDO.

Those wishing to follow our legislative announcements can do so by signing up for our email list: http://eepurl.com/hJzk-/

Those having questions (of me) or wishing to discuss our legislative happenings (with me) are free to do so on our forum, http://forums.miopencarry.org -- unless you're banned from our Forum [...]

That's all...

Last edited:

TheQ

I am simply pointing out that it seems you have some butt hurt issues, a cease fire if that is what I agreed to would not mean I have to let you claim that butt hurt only happens on the otherside of the debate from you when it seems the butt hurt stems directly from your butt.

Cease fire over, got it. My comment wasn't aimed at you, but you wanted to make it personal. So be it.