• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Newtown Question

Jojo712

Founder's Club Member
Folks,

If I've got my facts right, there were no "assault weapons" used in Newton; rather, the killer left a Bushmaster AR outside, in the car. If I've got my facts right, he used a couple pistols in order to commit his murders. Why then are we seeing this kind of stuff in the press?

http://www.nationaljournal.com/poli...conspire-against-assault-weapons-ban-20130320

I realize that it's a propaganda piece, but if I'm correction in the above assertions, there's also a fair amount of misinformation going on.

ADulay

Quoted from the above mentioned article......

. . . ."In fairness, the gun lobby deserves most of the blame for creating a political climate in which any regulation of firearms is viewed as an attack on the constitutional right to bear arms." . . . . .

Uh, I'd like to think of it as deserving most of the CREDIT for creating a political climate in which any regulation of firearms is viewed as an attack on the constitutional right to bear arms.

AD

77zach

As it relates to Newtown, I want to know more about Robbie Parker. I think he may have been an actor.

Why is the whole thing wrapped in secrecy?

Why are 30 round mags being demonized when he fired less than 15 from each mag he carried? If mag restrictions will reduce carnage from the rare mass shootings, why would they not also reduce good peoples' capacity for self defense? Why do the police have 30 round mags if they're no good for self defense?

Why does what happened in Ct make pro gun lawmakers in Florida timid?

Shall Issue concealed carry was vetoed how many times by the Fl governor in the 80's? Why are our reps and senators sitting on their butts while we have a pro gun governor who may not be reelected?

ADulay

Why are our reps and senators sitting on their butts while we have a pro gun governor who may not be reelected?

Zach,

Well, I'm thinking it's because they're all just afraid they might actually offend someone by actually doing their jobs!

Can't make waves, you know. Don't want to upset the masses with actual legislation that might actually accomplish something.

Just remain neutral and hope all the gun people (that would be us) just fade back into the peaceful background.

We're happy to be left alone and they know that. They also realize that if anyone in their group starts rocking the boat with regards to gun legislation, a whole lot of people, who normally don't bother them, will be beating down the doors of their office asking some serious questions.

As we've seen from the recent months of incredibly stupid and illegal legislation that's showed up, all they have to do is introduce bad legislation to keep the left happy and then have it fade away to keep the right happy.

They haven't actually done anything other than keep the masses away from their office doors until the next "crisis" shows up on their doorstep and they believe they HAVE to do something.

It still amazes me that they can "introduce" all kinds of really bad legislation but not one of them can introduce a simple "Constitutional Carry" law to be voted on.

Hmm, I'm rambling on and on now.

Back to finishing my taxes.

AD

davidmcbeth

Banned
Right now nobody knows anything ... its all still hush hush until a day after CT legislature session ends , then it will magically be unsealed.

Its quite possible that the gunman killed with his pistols and the state then shot the deceased with the AR, either the killers AR or the police's ... we really do not know what occurred.

Its a point I won during a recent hearing that the state wanted to trod out the Sandy Hook killings ...