• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

UN arms treaty- March 2013

davidmcbeth

Banned
Treaties v. constitution ... constitution wins every time .... the amendment I guess was for the benefit of the other nations .. saying "suckers! You'll have to follow this but we won't!"

zack991

The USA need to leave the UN and kick these tyrants out of our country.

Last edited:

self preservation

A post by senator Jim Inhofe.

"The U.N. Arms Trade Treaty that just passed in the General Assembly today would require the United States to implement gun-control legislation as required by the treaty, which could supersede the laws our elected officials have already put into place. Recently 53 Senators went on the record voting in favor of my amendment to stop the State Department from negotiating this treaty. It's time the Obama Administration recognizes it is already a non-starter, and Americans will not stand for internationalists limiting and infringing upon their Constitutional rights. Furthermore, this treaty could also disrupt diplomatic and national security efforts by preventing our government from assisting allies like Taiwan, South Korea, or Israel when they require assistance. I will continue to work with my colleagues Sens. Moran, Manchin, and others to ensure the American people's voices are heard and that this treaty is not ratified."

So, is this thing going to be shoved down our throats????

Last edited:

mobiushky

And again we miss the insidious under belly of the story that the media is trying to deflect away from. Whether the US adopts the treaty or not is irrelevant. Any country that adopts the treaty is required to alter it's law to adopt strict gun control. And because this is a "trade" treaty, it will mean countries will not be allowed to export firearms to certain countries. Now, the UN doesn't like the idea of a populace that can defend itself and so it can simply define that "assault weapons of mass nuclear destruction and death of a million people a second" (what we like to call sporting rifles) are no longer legal to be transported to any other country except to the LEO or military. Take for instance Glock. Austrian company. If the UN decides that the export of Semi-Auto (which it basically already did in the treaty) is bad, no more Glock in the US. You want to change Glock to any other brand. H&K? Sig Sauer? And of the shotguns made in Turkey? You name it.

Ok, so the fierce made in the US guys will be saying "Good. I only buy US." Which is fine, but what happens when that Browning Shotgun costs $3000 for the pump action HD? Cause there's no foreign competition to keep costs down? It's not a done deal, but it's a real possibility of the future.

PFC HALE

7uby2y8u.jpg

EMNofSeattle

And again we miss the insidious under belly of the story that the media is trying to deflect away from. Whether the US adopts the treaty or not is irrelevant. Any country that adopts the treaty is required to alter it's law to adopt strict gun control. And because this is a "trade" treaty, it will mean countries will not be allowed to export firearms to certain countries. Now, the UN doesn't like the idea of a populace that can defend itself and so it can simply define that "assault weapons of mass nuclear destruction and death of a million people a second" (what we like to call sporting rifles) are no longer legal to be transported to any other country except to the LEO or military. Take for instance Glock. Austrian company. If the UN decides that the export of Semi-Auto (which it basically already did in the treaty) is bad, no more Glock in the US. You want to change Glock to any other brand. H&K? Sig Sauer? And of the shotguns made in Turkey? You name it.

Ok, so the fierce made in the US guys will be saying "Good. I only buy US." Which is fine, but what happens when that Browning Shotgun costs $3000 for the pump action HD? Cause there's no foreign competition to keep costs down? It's not a done deal, but it's a real possibility of the future.

The foreign suppliers will then just do what everyone who's evading import/export restrictions does, they'll be shipping the guns in parts and assembling them in some warehouse on the east coast... Semi autos evil? So they'll become manual operation pistols, build sme hinkley mag that causes the slide to catch after every shot, then export them, then return them to original config when they arrive. Don't worry there's too much profit at stake for these companies to not find every single weakness in any law or treaty and exploit it fully.

mobiushky

The foreign suppliers will then just do what everyone who's evading import/export restrictions does, they'll be shipping the guns in parts and assembling them in some warehouse on the east coast... Semi autos evil? So they'll become manual operation pistols, build sme hinkley mag that causes the slide to catch after every shot, then export them, then return them to original config when they arrive. Don't worry there's too much profit at stake for these companies to not find every single weakness in any law or treaty and exploit it fully.

Oh I don't believe it will stop the importation the way they want. I believe it will drive the cost of firearms into the stratosphere. Glocks will be $1500 instead of $500. That kind of thing. And since the cost of the normally inexpensive imports will be sky high, the local US brands will be matching or possibly slightly undercutting them. So the M&P will be $999 now. I know, maybe I'm doom and gloom, but I switched from being an eternal optimist to be a died in the wool pessimist on November 6th 2012.