Thread: Online Purchase Question

Online Purchase Question

Hello Everyone, I am under 21 currently, at least until July this year. I am here on military orders and carry my glock 23.
    My question is, although I know I cannot buy a handgun from an FFL dealer; Can I purchase one online from a
    private seller, from a site like gunbroker.com, even though I need to ship it to an FFL dealer for delivery?

Online Purchase Question

I believe that your only option would be a face-to-face transaction with another resident of VA. An FFL would not be legally allowed to transfer it to you.
    Last edited by thebigsd; 03-23-2013 at 08:20 PM.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

If you have to go through an FFL then you must be 21 to transfer a handgun.

If you are 18-20 you can only purchase via a private seller in the same state without going through a FFL.

A good place to look for private sellers in Virginia would be vaguntrader.com.

If you meet up face to face you don't need to go through an FFL.

Thank you

Thank you both, I appreciate your help. I usually do use VaGunTrader, I was just asking because the gun I want I havent seen for sale.
    Thanks again!

Online Purchase Question

Quote Originally Posted by philby719 View Post
    Thank you both, I appreciate your help. I usually do use VaGunTrader, I was just asking because the gun I want I havent seen for sale.
    Thanks again!
    There are a few sites out there where you can also post Want-to-buy (WTB) ads. VA Gun Trader is one, gundeals.org, many gun forums. I'm sure somebody has what you're looking for.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."