• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Racine, WI alderman want special privileges

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
More of your personal issues? how many threads are going to be locked due to you?
McX was one of the few with the cajones to be out on the front lines in the early battle for gun rights in Wisconsin. He sacrificed much in his personal and private life to obtain the rights you so freely enjoy when you cross the state line. I would be proud to watch his back, any place, any time....

Lurchiron

McX was one of the few with the cajones to be out on the front lines in the early battle for gun rights in Wisconsin. He sacrificed much in his personal and private life to obtain the rights you so freely enjoy when you cross the state line. I would be proud to watch his back, any place, any time....

+1 & a six-pack of cheeseburgers :dude:

M

McX

and on a sub-note; my family and i are perched on the slim but possible event horizon of an opportunity to move out far from here. never again to gaze upon the low lifes, and criminal elements that infest this 'zone of darkness'. all our efforts, time and thoughts are directed toward this goal. unfortunately if this comes to pass i will be out beyond the internet, in an extreme rural location. in a place where my friends, if they seek me, can find me. but isolated from all the bad, and the bad people who have 'beset' upon me in my time of living here. time will tell in this matter as well.

Mr Face

McX, your observations are correct. More people here know what is going on than you can possibly imagine. Stealing is my number one pet peeve. I visit the Wisconsin Court system webpage numerous times a day. The Face knows all.

On topic, since the Alderman can legally vote an exemption for themselves I have no opinion pro or con.

M

McX

McX, your observations are correct. More people here know what is going on than you can possibly imagine. Stealing is my number one pet peeve. I visit the Wisconsin Court system webpage numerous times a day. The Face knows all.

On topic, since the Alderman can legally vote an exemption for themselves I have no opinion pro or con.

Mr. Face, thank you, you honor me. i visit the court pages regularly too, it allows me to keep track of my pet felon (not this one engaged in the matter at hand, but yet another) and watch him weasel his way through the system, still continuing in his life of crime, just on a smaller scale, to escape the notice of his probation officer. but back to the topic at hand: perhapse the meetings where the special priveledged attend may be conducted in a more orderly fashion, without the screaming matches reported in the local paper. they may find an armed socicety is a polite society(?)

lockman

State Researcher
I was down there when that happened, nobody blinked because it was business as usual. More recently Alderman Ed Burke got caught with a gun he shouldn't have had but claimed he owned a private investigation company and was therefore he was entitled to have a gun. The agency didn't exist but that was good enough to get him out of hot water. His wife being a State Supreme court Justice may have helped. Seems kind of funny that he would need a gun since he has armed security protecting him and he is a leading ant-gun proponent. If he had been a Republican he would have been facing a judge and time behind bars for what he gets away with. Wonder why I don't miss that mess. 3

Racines Aldermen are to close to Chicago, they seem to think they have the same privileges of power because they are public officials and are targets. I guess they are deserving of more protection than the guy who owns a small store or a woman who has to walk in a bad neighborhood to get between home and work or an elderly couple living at home who are likely targets for house breakers looking for easy cash for their drug habit. After all they are important and the rest of us have 911.

Burke would probably qualify under LEOSHA if he bothered to apply, but why do so if he already can as an alderman.