Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: “Police Women of Cincinnati"

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    sparta ky
    Posts
    251

    “Police Women of Cincinnati"

    Not gun related but shows what CPD thinks of our rights to go along with this staged (reality)show.
    http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/news/local_n...staged-content


    Mike

  2. #2
    Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    3,735
    [Cincinnati Police chief] Craig said that although Curfiss put one man in handcuffs, no one was formally arrested or criminally charged.
    Yea, but Craig the guy was cuffed for exercising his rights. That's unacceptable. The one time a cop cuffed me for no crime is no longer a cop. Actions have consequences.

  3. #3
    Regular Member MKEgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    in front of my computer, WI
    Posts
    4,426
    1) it was a reality show, not reality

    2) those couple minutes were compiled from many minutes of shooting

    3) this is not new / current

    4) the cops involved should not have gone along with the suggestions of the film crew, as it has put them & their department in a bad light... again.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Batavia
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    Yea, but Craig the guy was cuffed for exercising his rights. That's unacceptable. The one time a cop cuffed me for no crime is no longer a cop. Actions have consequences.
    My understanding is the cuffing was done AFTER the initial incident as part of the staged event. So, the actual incident no one was unlawfully restrained.

  5. #5
    Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    3,735
    Quote Originally Posted by JediSkipdogg View Post
    My understanding is the cuffing was done AFTER the initial incident as part of the staged event. So, the actual incident no one was unlawfully restrained.
    Unfortunately people believe that even staged events on reality shows are, in fact, reality.

    The cop used bad judgement and she was not under pressure. And that is worrisome. What will happen when she is under pressure? If a superior ordered her to do it she had a duty to refuse.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    Unfortunately people believe that even staged events on reality shows are, in fact, reality.
    .
    Well, Dave Hester of Storage Wars found out the hard way. Gee, the judge said "its a TV SHOW" get over it .. they can do what they want.

    Of course, it is right to follow up and see if the show actually does detail violations.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Batavia
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    Unfortunately people believe that even staged events on reality shows are, in fact, reality.

    The cop used bad judgement and she was not under pressure. And that is worrisome. What will happen when she is under pressure? If a superior ordered her to do it she had a duty to refuse.
    I guess I'm failing to see what you are reading into.

    If I'm asked to be in a movie tomorrow where part of the plot is I'm suppose to shoot a little kid does that mean I really shot a little kid?

    Did she put a bad idea that people have to let officers into their houses? Yes. But every day we turn on TV aren't we led with lies from the media on how we should give up our rights and bow to the government? Last week on news I saw police arrested a convicted felon and he was in possession of an unlicensed handgun. Man, I better get to the sheriff's office and license all of my handguns immediately. I see no difference there.

    Watch an episode of COPs and I betcha you will find tons of rights violations in each episode.

  8. #8
    Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    3,735
    Quote Originally Posted by JediSkipdogg View Post
    I guess I'm failing to see what you are reading into.

    If I'm asked to be in a movie tomorrow where part of the plot is I'm suppose to shoot a little kid does that mean I really shot a little kid?

    Did she put a bad idea that people have to let officers into their houses? Yes. But every day we turn on TV aren't we led with lies from the media on how we should give up our rights and bow to the government? Last week on news I saw police arrested a convicted felon and he was in possession of an unlicensed handgun. Man, I better get to the sheriff's office and license all of my handguns immediately. I see no difference there.

    Watch an episode of COPs and I betcha you will find tons of rights violations in each episode.
    The movie is presented as fiction, not true. Reality TV is presented as true. So, when a person is watching a REALITY show featuring a major police department and the police officer performs an illegal act the message is sent that the major police department is corrupt and their policy is to violate peoples rights. In other words, it's not a movie, it's Reality.

    Your COPS example proves my point. I won't watch COPS for the fact that the cops send the message that they are above the law. And that is REALITY. The message being sent is it's OK for the government to break the law to enforce the law. In my book that's unacceptable. And any police department letting the perception that their department in reality is corrupt send a bad message.

    Yes, there is a difference between fiction and reality. I know the difference and I would bet you know the difference.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    NE, Ohio
    Posts
    58
    It would not surprise me if this wasn't faked. I work at a hospital and a co worker went to UC for a year. He had nothing but bad things to say about the cops there, mainly how short fused and overly reactive they are. I just showed him this video and he said that cops would show up to the houses, whether or not there were noise complaints, just to over exercise their position of power and show force of authority, regardless of a crime committed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •