• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

“Police Women of Cincinnati"

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
[Cincinnati Police chief] Craig said that although Curfiss put one man in handcuffs, no one was formally arrested or criminally charged.

Yea, but Craig the guy was cuffed for exercising his rights. That's unacceptable. The one time a cop cuffed me for no crime is no longer a cop. Actions have consequences.

MKEgal

1) it was a reality show, not reality

2) those couple minutes were compiled from many minutes of shooting

3) this is not new / current

4) the cops involved should not have gone along with the suggestions of the film crew, as it has put them & their department in a bad light... again.

JediSkipdogg

Yea, but Craig the guy was cuffed for exercising his rights. That's unacceptable. The one time a cop cuffed me for no crime is no longer a cop. Actions have consequences.

My understanding is the cuffing was done AFTER the initial incident as part of the staged event. So, the actual incident no one was unlawfully restrained.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
My understanding is the cuffing was done AFTER the initial incident as part of the staged event. So, the actual incident no one was unlawfully restrained.

Unfortunately people believe that even staged events on reality shows are, in fact, reality.

The cop used bad judgement and she was not under pressure. And that is worrisome. What will happen when she is under pressure? If a superior ordered her to do it she had a duty to refuse.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Unfortunately people believe that even staged events on reality shows are, in fact, reality.

Well, Dave Hester of Storage Wars found out the hard way. Gee, the judge said "its a TV SHOW" get over it .. they can do what they want.

Of course, it is right to follow up and see if the show actually does detail violations.

JediSkipdogg

The cop used bad judgement and she was not under pressure. And that is worrisome. What will happen when she is under pressure? If a superior ordered her to do it she had a duty to refuse.

I guess I'm failing to see what you are reading into.

If I'm asked to be in a movie tomorrow where part of the plot is I'm suppose to shoot a little kid does that mean I really shot a little kid?

Did she put a bad idea that people have to let officers into their houses? Yes. But every day we turn on TV aren't we led with lies from the media on how we should give up our rights and bow to the government? Last week on news I saw police arrested a convicted felon and he was in possession of an unlicensed handgun. Man, I better get to the sheriff's office and license all of my handguns immediately. I see no difference there.

Watch an episode of COPs and I betcha you will find tons of rights violations in each episode.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
I guess I'm failing to see what you are reading into.

If I'm asked to be in a movie tomorrow where part of the plot is I'm suppose to shoot a little kid does that mean I really shot a little kid?

Did she put a bad idea that people have to let officers into their houses? Yes. But every day we turn on TV aren't we led with lies from the media on how we should give up our rights and bow to the government? Last week on news I saw police arrested a convicted felon and he was in possession of an unlicensed handgun. Man, I better get to the sheriff's office and license all of my handguns immediately. I see no difference there.

Watch an episode of COPs and I betcha you will find tons of rights violations in each episode.

The movie is presented as fiction, not true. Reality TV is presented as true. So, when a person is watching a REALITY show featuring a major police department and the police officer performs an illegal act the message is sent that the major police department is corrupt and their policy is to violate peoples rights. In other words, it's not a movie, it's Reality.

Your COPS example proves my point. I won't watch COPS for the fact that the cops send the message that they are above the law. And that is REALITY. The message being sent is it's OK for the government to break the law to enforce the law. In my book that's unacceptable. And any police department letting the perception that their department in reality is corrupt send a bad message.

Yes, there is a difference between fiction and reality. I know the difference and I would bet you know the difference.

Jordysoso

It would not surprise me if this wasn't faked. I work at a hospital and a co worker went to UC for a year. He had nothing but bad things to say about the cops there, mainly how short fused and overly reactive they are. I just showed him this video and he said that cops would show up to the houses, whether or not there were noise complaints, just to over exercise their position of power and show force of authority, regardless of a crime committed.