Thread: Fearing tighter controls, buyers swarm [Bob & Rocco] gun shows. MJS by Bill Glauber

Fearing tighter controls, buyers swarm [Bob & Rocco] gun shows. MJS by Bill Glauber

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepo...199726701.html
    Ask him what he has done over the years, and Pucci ticks off a list that includes graduate school at University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, a stint as a cop, work with the Department of Natural Resources, owner of a chain of karate schools and "getting involved in different anti-communist movements around the world."

For three years in the early 1980s, Pucci says, he helped train Nicaraguan contras, the rebels who opposed the Sandinista government.

Through it all, he cultivated an appreciation for guns.
    My kind of guy, an old cold-warrior whose health failed before his spirit. Lots of comments there, pro and con, none by Wisconsin pro-gun leading lights - or are they hiding under their virtual bushel-basket?

"Jeri Bonavia, executive director of WAVE, the Wisconsin Anti-Violence Effort, says Pucci's shows "appear to be very well-run.""

WoW... so um... I think that's a compliment, and that's _usually_ a good thing, but...

I have never been to a gun show run by Bob Pucci, but I do remember when we worked together at the old Armstrong Chemical in Janesville.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Been to a few of the B&R shows in my lifetime. High prices (even years ago), poor selection and the $5 entry has kept me from going to any in the last two years.

I been going to his shows for years. Found some good deals and seen some outrageous prices too. I went today. The number of vendors seemed about the same. The prices were up there. The selection was down. But if you had the money you could find just about anything. Admission is $6 now considering I have not seen an increase in price of admission in about 10 yrs I did not object to it. One thing for sure is you need to know what you want and what is a good price, and what you are willing to spend.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz272 View Post
    One thing for sure is you need to know what you want and what is a good price, and what you are willing to spend.
    Sniff. Smells like capitalism at work.

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Sniff. Smells like capitalism at work.
    We are our own worst enemy. When "capitalists" clear the shelves at the stores and then jack the price up for a little temporary profit, they feed the panic. If these "gun guys" would actually care about supporting our hobby/lifestyle, they would not be screwing their neighbors over like this. Many times these items are still for sale at reasonable prices on store shelves but they prey on the ignorant who are not aware of this fact and desperate enough to pay 3-4X fair market value. The more people we can arm and welcome into the folds of firearm ownership, the better off we all are. The greedy pigs disgust me.
    Every gun show I have attended since 12/14/12 I have walked into, I brought something out of my personal collection and sold it to someone who was just trying to get into the EBR ownership pool. I undercut the rapists and was able to get something else with my money which was not on the panic buy list but I personally wanted to add to my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor_Knight View Post
    If these "gun guys" would actually care about supporting our hobby/lifestyle, they would not be screwing their neighbors over like this.
    Spoken like a true progressive statist begging for special consideration.

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Spoken like a true progressive statist begging for special consideration.
    I do not ask for any special consideration but on the contrary, I give special consideration to others in need while neither expecting nor asking for government intervention.
    Your reading comprehension is underwhelming. Your cognizance of simple terms is even more lacking. Never did I mention government intervention. As reasonable responsible men who support the Right To Bear Arms, we should respect others who wish to do so instead of taking advantage of them at a weak time. It is telling that you are eager to insult instead of reasoning your point. Perhaps you have posted under a different pseudonym here before?
    Last edited by Interceptor_Knight; 03-25-2013 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor_Knight View Post
    Perhaps you have posted under a different pseudonym here before?
    That is almost guaranteed.