Thread: Un small arms treaty March 2013

Regular Member self preservation's Avatar

Un small arms treaty March 2013

I have posted this on a few different threads but can't seem to get much conversation about it going. We all know that they are meeting now (3/13) in NY to discuss this. It is my understanding that this treaty had been "killed" and has no chance of ever coming back. Am I celebrating to soon or am I overlooking/misunderstanding something?
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Edmund Burke

self-pres·er·va·tion (slfprzr-vshn)
    n.
    1. Protection of oneself from harm or destruction.
    2. The instinct for individual preservation; the innate desire to stay alive.

Quote Originally Posted by self preservation View Post
    I have posted this on a few different threads but can't seem to get much conversation about it going. We all know that they are meeting now (3/13) in NY to discuss this. It is my understanding that this treaty had been "killed" and has no chance of ever coming back. Am I celebrating to soon or am I overlooking/misunderstanding something?
    It does not matter what is voted on in the UN, if it is not ratified by the Senate and the House it's just wasted paper, and it would never be ratified.

Speed is fine
    Accuracy is final

Quote Originally Posted by gutshot View Post
    Yes, to all three.
    Explain please.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Edmund Burke

n.

Activist Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod View Post

It does not matter what is voted on in the UN, if it is not ratified by the Senate and the House it's just wasted paper, and it would never be ratified.

Only the Senate would have to ratify such a treaty for it to be binding in America. The House has nothing to do with treaties, only the Senate.
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

I just read that the final vote is tomorrow. If anyone hears the outcome please share.

n.

I heard that the final meeting over the small arms treaty is today. It's almost 10 pm and I can't find a thing. Anyone know the outcome?

n.

Iran, North Korea, and Syria blocked the consensus so right now it looks to be on hold.

Like a cat's hairball, they'll retch it up - Urrp - again and again until it passes.

Quote Originally Posted by self preservation View Post
    Like any gun control, like a cat's hairball, they'll retch it up again and again until it passes.

Please understand COTUS VI, II, and that elections have consequences.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/anncon/ht...6toc_user.html
    Last edited by Nightmare; 03-29-2013 at 06:19 PM.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KYGlockster View Post
    Only the Senate would have to ratify such a treaty for it to be binding in America. The House has nothing to do with treaties, only the Senate.
    The 17th amendment is more insidious than I realized, this makes central control more easier this way, because they still use the constitutional provision you just provided which was originally meant to make sure the states, the ones who formed the union, had an ability to nullify federal law .
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)