• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Texas troopers who cavity searched women to face charges

WalkingWolf

She searched after being directed by the male officer, what I want to know is, did that male officer have any command authority over the female officer? if he did and used said authority he should be facing the sex assault charges too, although I don't know if the concept of "command responsibility" is used in criminal law....

The stolen scripts are implied that the DA charged him because that would stick, the first article I cited states that the charge was filed on the women's claim that the scripts were missing after the stop.... not exactly that high as far as evidence goes.

And I think this is allowed, because the trooper is fighting through the union to get her job back, from what I know about unions, unions will generally fight for reinstatement if
A) The employee did not actually violate a written policy through actions and the charge is being overhyped
B) The employee did break policy but so have many other people who have not recieved equivelant discipline (firing) for breaking the policy.

Either circumstance indicates behavior like this has been encouraged or at least tolerated in the past.

In the radio traffic I believe the male officer ASKED for her, they obviously knew each other, it indicates only their behavior, if you have some cites to back up your claims other than opinion please provide them. How can vaginal and anal penetration be overhyped? Are you serious?

EMNofSeattle

In the radio traffic I believe the male officer ASKED for her, they obviously knew each other, it indicates only their behavior, if you have some cites to back up your claims other than opinion please provide them. How can vaginal and anal penetration be overhyped? Are you serious?

No, I was stating the two circumstances I've seen unions get involved in while working in a union shop.
Not everything can be cited, and that is simply my observation and opinion. It leads me to believe that stuff like this has happened before and not made it to the media, I've never seen unions get involved on behalf of a total screwup who obviously violated policy and there was no hope of reinstating.

WalkingWolf

No, I was stating the two circumstances I've seen unions get involved in while working in a union shop.
Not everything can be cited, and that is simply my observation and opinion. It leads me to believe that stuff like this has happened before and not made it to the media, I've never seen unions get involved on behalf of a total screwup who obviously violated policy and there was no hope of reinstating.

Ohhh helll we all know incidents have happened all over the country INCLUDING your state. But you are claiming this is specific to this crime and this state, back it up. There are two things wrong with your statement, one it is cop bashing, two it is against site rules. Other than that, if I did not want to get spanked for breaking the rules myself I can point to instances in several states of sexual assault by a small minority of police. It has nothing to do with these two officers or the rest of police, it has to do with criminals who some just happen to be police. There are also non police who commit sexual assault and I have no doubt in your state.

When I get time I will dig for the Florida study on political association of prison inmates in Florida. You might want to retract your political statement.

Last edited:

EMNofSeattle

Ohhh helll we all know incidents have happened all over the country INCLUDING your state. But you are claiming this is specific to this crime and this state, back it up. There are two things wrong with your statement, one it is cop bashing, two it is against site rules. Other than that, if I did not want to get spanked for breaking the rules myself I can point to instances in several states of sexual assault by a small minority of police. It has nothing to do with these two officers or the rest of police, it has to do with criminals who some just happen to be police. There are also non police who commit sexual assault and I have no doubt in your state.

When I get time I will dig for the Florida study on political association of prison inmates in Florida. You might want to retract your political statement.

Ok I retract my political statement.

Beretta92FSLady

First, there is no chance and no push to secede, so enough already. There is a good deal of liberty and freedom here, at least we don't have stop and frisk laws.

Second, f*ck off with your "backwards state like Texas." We are not progressive, which suits me just fine, but "backward" isn't the word to describe "non-progressive". What we do have it way too many northern and southern immigrants, both of whom bring nasty habits to our state.
This officer is such a poor indicator of the quality of law enforcement in general that it's not worth generalizing. However, I have seen a slide toward authoritarian attitude among police here, even in small towns. This is just an extreme extension of that attitude, combined with a sadistic streak all too often present in people like Saddam Hussein's kids. Absolute power and all that.

First, don't act as if there isn't a movement in Texas, to secede from the Union.

Second, Texas is a backward State, if a woman has to worry about being penetrated by officers, on the side of a road.--or any place for that matter.

You can take your non-progressive backward Texas State. I will take Progressive Washington, where I don't have to warn an officer, when pulled over, that I'm packing heat.--one of many backward, anti-Liberty, anti-Second Amendment issues in Texas. Keep Arizona, and every other "show your papers" States.

Last edited:

carolina guy

First, don't act as if there isn't a movement in Texas, to secede from the Union.

Second, Texas is a backward State, if a woman has to worry about being penetrated by officers, on the side of a road.--or any place for that matter.

You can take your non-progressive backward Texas State. I will take Progressive Washington, where I don't have to warn an officer, when pulled over, that I'm packing heat.--one of many backward, anti-Liberty, anti-Second Amendment issues in Texas. Keep Arizona, and every other "show your papers" States.

Guess it is a good think that WA is perfect...makes all the other states look like crap in comparison, eh?

Beretta92FSLady

Guess it is a good think that WA is perfect...makes all the other states look like crap in comparison, eh?

I didn't say Washington is perfect...you just said that.

I'm commenting on what States I view are backward States. A State is backward if: it requires people to show their papers; has employees of the State that rapes women during stops.

They're charged with sexual assault...I get it, but it should be called for what it is: Rape.

EMNofSeattle

I'm commenting on what States I view are backward States. A State is backward if: it requires people to show their papers; has employees of the State that rapes women during stops.

They're charged with sexual assault...I get it, but it should be called for what it is: Rape.

Well a woman's body would have fought that officer back if it were a legitimate rape, where have you been? :rolleyes:

carolina guy

Yup...but you calling the state "backwards" is pejorative, unnecessary and unproductive.

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

Yup...but you calling the state "backwards" is pejorative, unnecessary and unproductive.

First, you present the issue: Texas has employees who rape women.

Second, you determine whether or not it is actually an issue...here it comes: Is Texas a bassackwards State, because it has employees that rape women?

Does a Civilized society have State employees that rape women?

If the answer is No, then you have a bassackwards state when you have State employees who rape women.

WalkingWolf

First, you present the issue: Texas has employees who rape women.

Second, you determine whether or not it is actually an issue...here it comes: Is Texas a bassackwards State, because it has employees that rape women?

Does a Civilized society have State employees that rape women?

If the answer is No, then you have a bassackwards state when you have State employees who rape women.

Excuse me, but if I remember correctly a Seattle patrolman was arrested for CHILD rape. http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19941130&slug=1944556

Looks like some damn backward people in Washington state...

Beretta92FSLady

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

1994...gee, you got me...boy, you had to dig deep for that one!:p There are current examples you could have used.

Does it matter when, even more specific those people in the Seattle area are really really backward, and disgusting. Allowing a public employee to have sex with a child. They should imprison the whole city, must be a town of progressives.

Beretta92FSLady

Does it matter when, even more specific those people in the Seattle area are really really backward, and disgusting. Allowing a public employee to have sex with a child. They should imprison the whole city, must be a town of progressives.

First, I said nothing about any city of Texas...I was talking about the whole State of Texas.--Country of Texas?

We are collectively responsible for the deeds of the State we bestow Power.

Beretta92FSLady

How about this:

2011 Forcible Rapes per 100,000 inhabitants

WA 33.5
TX 29.0

So...I guess it is only "backwards" if the police do it, but the general population doing it is "progressive"?

Good grief. Are you seriously going to quibble with me over a few points?

If you threw-up a number along the lines of WA. 33.5, TX. 20.5...then it would actually represent a contrast.

WA. you have three more rapists than us (TX.)...we're more civilized than you!