Thread: Please be careful in forwarding articles, facts, memes...

Please be careful in forwarding articles, facts, memes...

There were 2 pro self-defense stories that came through my Facebook feed today.
    Sounded great, but something was off, so after checking I found both to be false internet hoaxes.

Everyone please, before you just send or resend (or share on FB) do a quick Google or Snopes check.
    False stories or facts hurt any cause, whatever side you are on.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/crime/homeinvasion.asp
    http://www.snopes.com/crime/justice/click.asp

At least the home invasion one, while Snopes showed it false, included 3 other true stories of teens defending their homes from invaders.

Most of us know this already, but it is soooo easy to just click and pass stuff on.
    Please put out reminders on your FB, blogs, or other networking sites you frequent.
    "Guns are not the problem … crazy is the problem” ... “We cannot legislate our society to the craziest amongst us.” - Jon Stewart
    “I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." - Tolkien

Banned
    Well, we are not journalists ...

I thought everything on the internet was required to be true..

Ones who post incorrect information may or may not learn of it.

Life goes on.

What is that quote attributed to Thomas Jefferson? "It is truely difficult to know what that is posted on the internet is true."

See, it sounds OK until you do a little research and find out that it was A. Lincoln who first said: "Not everything on the internet is actual, factual or satisfactual."

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Banned
    Sometimes the myths are passed along on this site.

No, we are not journalists. That does not mean that we shouldn't spend a few seconds checking out the stuff we pass along. Even those of us who make a habit of not supporting our contentions.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Sometimes the myths are passed along on this site.

No, we are not journalists. That does not mean that we shouldn't spend a few seconds checking out the stuff we pass along. Even those of us who make a habit of not supporting our contentions.
    Well, if you did that, you would have any posts ... right?