• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Please be careful in forwarding articles, facts, memes...

Lord Sega

There were 2 pro self-defense stories that came through my Facebook feed today.
Sounded great, but something was off, so after checking I found both to be false internet hoaxes.

Everyone please, before you just send or resend (or share on FB) do a quick Google or Snopes check.
False stories or facts hurt any cause, whatever side you are on.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/crime/homeinvasion.asp
http://www.snopes.com/crime/justice/click.asp

At least the home invasion one, while Snopes showed it false, included 3 other true stories of teens defending their homes from invaders.

Most of us know this already, but it is soooo easy to just click and pass stuff on.
Please put out reminders on your FB, blogs, or other networking sites you frequent.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Well, we are not journalists ...

I thought everything on the internet was required to be true..

Ones who post incorrect information may or may not learn of it.

Life goes on.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
What is that quote attributed to Thomas Jefferson? "It is truely difficult to know what that is posted on the internet is true."

See, it sounds OK until you do a little research and find out that it was A. Lincoln who first said: "Not everything on the internet is actual, factual or satisfactual."

stay safe.

eye95

Sometimes the myths are passed along on this site.

No, we are not journalists. That does not mean that we shouldn't spend a few seconds checking out the stuff we pass along. Even those of us who make a habit of not supporting our contentions.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Sometimes the myths are passed along on this site.

No, we are not journalists. That does not mean that we shouldn't spend a few seconds checking out the stuff we pass along. Even those of us who make a habit of not supporting our contentions.

Well, if you did that, you would have any posts ... right?