• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

go well

ncwabbit

Gentle greetings
I have had the privilege and the opportunity of reading & chatting, and in limited situations personally meeting, with numerous individuals on this forum who share the same enjoyment of carrying their firearms in their daily lives, both openly as well as concealed, across this great nation.

I have also watched different state’s sub-threads get into lively discussions over a myriad of subjects and watched rhetoric fly amongst the membership and watched the mods keep some semblance of stasis of chaos within their threads.

I have watched those within the NC thread defend their state’s premier grass roots organization against questions raised on this forum and then taunt, slander, and chastise everyone for not getting involved within the specific organization to assist the organization.

Unfortunately several of this forum’s membership has, from their limited focus of reality, presumed I did not attempt this avenue…what a joke for ‘joe peon’ in the premier organization to be an agent of change…I was advised by ppl to basically to go sit in the corner and color…or sorry you do not know nor understand the vision of our president and directors to represent the gun owners of NC or receive the same rhetoric from the volunteers when I visited the tables at the local gun shows or this is the only way to write panic inciting ‘the sky is falling’ type organizational alerts.

So I took a different approach…from the outside…interesting to note…organizational alert’s tone has changed and they are no longer pushed down this memberships or another’s NC forum’s throats by blanket posting and surprisingly folk are asking questions about the operations of the organization which is affecting change from within.

Unfortunately, through no fault of my own, the premier organization’s own have shown their true colors and consistently develed into public self destructive tirades which has tarnished their own group’s image. This tarnish has been attributed to me for asking simple question(s)….I am sorry but if simple questions about how someone is spending and using their volunteer hours and hard earn money cause discomfort to ppl’s sensibilities then everyone inside and outside the organization should be worried.

As mentioned, I watched other state forums on this site banter about issues within their state’s perspective and yet maintained civility when they disagreed. Since there are numerous complaints that I am a significant distractor and even called an agent provocateur for wishing folk to provide appropriate cites; raising the BS flag when I see it; being accused for causing this state’s forum discussion(s) from moving forward in pushing firearm legislature; as well as being taunted and called names whenever I challenge someone. Even when I sincerely question why the organization’s gregarious president has not publically commented since on current firearm events going on in this country or let alone the Tarheel State someone complains to the moderators i have violated and am accosting another gun organization.

The crux of this post and turning point in my association w/this forum was having a moderator come to this state’s sub group to close a thread which had degenerated to a personal attack on everyone…therefore, to prevent me from being accused of being a further distractor, I have changed my password to some random collection of keystrokes which will prevent me for the moment from signing in. Additionally, I have requested, via private message, the moderator disengage my name and password permanently so I can not sign in again. As a gentleman and a scholar that I am, you have my word I will not create another login as others have done in the past.

Go well and always remember to enjoy life to its fullest…’tis too short otherwise!!

Wabbit

PS: so roto, et al., do you really need a card in your wallet to defend anything…perhaps you need the proper outlook?

Pss: please do not presume our paths have not crossed in person…perhaps at another organization’s outing or city meeting?

WalkingWolf

So, in too many words,
you are taking your ball and going home.
Sad.
Dont let that screen door hit you in the a55!

I have thought about taking my ball and going home on occasion, there is nothing immoral or wrong with taking a break, even a permanent one. It is a personal decision that should be respected without throwing more insults.

I am sad to see him leave, but then I would be sad to see even those I disagree most with leave. Maybe if the screen door was slammed in some trolls faces other members would not take their ball and go home.

ron73440

I am disappointed, because contrary to the way it seemed to get portrayed, I thought the requests Wabbit made were not over the top or out of bounds and Walking Wolf and he were consistentent in what they believed.

I was looking forward to hopefully meeting wabbit, and maybe that will still happen when I get home.

I also still don't get how an orginization that insults OC'ers still gets so much support from OC'ers.

I realize I am new here and my opinion is worth exactly what you paid for it, but that's how I see it.

Last edited:

carolina guy

Hopefully wabbit will keep making his thoughts known...and there is nothing wrong with standing up for RIGHTS as RIGHTS, not as privileges that can be easily regulated.

carolina guy

I am disappointed, because contrary to the way it seemed to get portrayed, I thought the requests Wabbit made were not over the top or out of bounds and Walking Wolf and he were consistentent in what they believed.

I was looking forward to hopefully meeting wabbit, and maybe that will still happen when I get home.

I also still don't get how an orginization that insults OC'ers still gets so much support from OC'ers.

I realize I am new here and my opinion is worth exactly what you paid for it, but that's how I see it.

Nobody's opinion is worth more than you pay for it...and some (like mine) might be worth a little less! :)

rotorhead

Take care, ncwabbit. May you find the peace you seek.

Ron, I think that you being new here probably masks the year prior to when the Golden State thread blew up. It's sufficient to say that no one came on here out of the blue and responded in such ways without provocation. That idea alone makes this comment from the OP that much harder to digest lol:

Unfortunately, through no fault of my own...

It's not a random placing of words. ncwabbit knows exactly how to place words to enrich his own benefit. He is not a simple, stupid man whatsoever. He may rile some people up and he may be a great friend to others, but one thing he's not is stupid. He knows what he's doing, and he's good at it. A master spinner who puts Clinton or Reagan to shame, for sure. It's a great attribute, really. I just wish he would mix it with a little honesty once in a while :)

But don't feel anger or anything by reading my words. He knew exactly what he was doing when he started this thread, and for those who might be feeling a twinge of sadness due to the sudden departure, have no fear: he'll be back to fight another day, just as sure as the river runs swift.

I say these words with great respect and with no ill-intentions whatsoever. If I felt for one second that the original post was actually a heartfelt message without an ulterior motive, I would simply say goodbye, my friend. Despite our battles, he is a great face here, if not a good friend.

So until next time...fare well.

NC-Heel

I couldn't have said it better Rotor.

I can only imagine being a volunteer at a GRNC both at a gun show trying to spread the word and solicit new members only to have Wabbit walk up and start asking questions. Not knowing he had a hidden agenda and applying his spin on words I will bet the volunteer doubted his own existence after the encounter.