Thread: Handee Hugo's - Clayton

Handee Hugo's - Clayton

Handee Hugo's on Amelia Church and Hwy 70 in Clayton is anti OC...

Went in there tonight (as I have done numerous times while OC), was told to leave by some newly hired "manager". He got irate with me calling me a "dumb mother f***er" and had no clue what the law actually states. Told me I needed to have papers to OC. I left the store and will not be returning.

BTW there is no posting ANYWHERE that states I am not allowed to OC in there.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbird3006 View Post

Went in there tonight (as I have done numerous times while OC), was told to leave by some newly hired "manager". He got irate with me calling me a "dumb mother f***er" and had no clue what the law actually states. Told me I needed to have papers to OC. I left the store and will not be returning.

Please don't just leave it at that.

Contact the owner or franchise holder and make a polite report, but do include reference to the foul laguage, but do NOT refer to any lack of signage. Let them know how long you have been a good and loyal customer, never had a hint of a problem before. Now you will not be returning under the present conditions. Try to convert them as a friend, rather than leave them on the other side.

Others will chime in, I'm sure. Some may even offer a recommended format for a letter.

Best of luck - let us know how it goes.

I'd also like to see this confirmed by someone known to us - comes under the category of trust, but confirm.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 03-24-2013 at 11:48 PM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Please don't just leave it at that.

Contact the owner or franchise holder and make a polite report, but do include reference to the foul laguage, but do NOT refer to any lack of signage. Let them know how long you have been a good and loyal customer, never had a hint of a problem before. Now you will not be returning under the present conditions. Try to convert them as a friend, rather than leave them on the other side.

Others will chime in, I'm sure. Some may even offer a recommended format for a letter.

Best of luck - let us know how it goes.

I'd also like to see this confirmed by someone known to us - comes under the category of trust, but confirm.
    +1

please do not mention signage!

Here is the the flyer that covers OC in North Carolina.
    Last edited by carolina guy; 03-25-2013 at 10:18 AM.
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

If this is the store across from McDonalds and next to Hudsons, I have carried there often,nary a bad word from anyone.
    I will stop by today and meet this new manager. It took me months to persuade the Compare grocery store to remove their
    NO GUNS ALLOWED sign. Polite and educational information will usually work for you.
    Lannie
    GRNC Member and volunteer, NRA member and volunteer. Open Carry Advocate
    Triangle Open Carry Co-Organizer: Co-Chairman Johnston county Friends of the NRA.

Polite and educational

Quote Originally Posted by lannie View Post
    If this is the store across from McDonalds and next to Hudsons, I have carried there often,nary a bad word from anyone.
    I will stop by today and meet this new manager. It took me months to persuade the Compare grocery store to remove their
    NO GUNS ALLOWED sign. Polite and educational information will usually work for you.
    Lannie
    Lannie is correct. Polite and educational will work far more often than being confrontational. I have suggested this on many occasions, but usually get bad-mouthed by others on this site. Although I really respect and many times look up to those more experienced who bad mouth me, let's know when to hold em' and when to fold em'.

Lannie
    Mind if I ask how you managed to convince the store to remove the sign? What type of things did you say?

Lannie
    Thanks for the reply - yes, it is the store across from McDonalds and beside Hudson's. I believe he is night time worker (he stated he was the manager and he made the rules for the store) because that is the only time I have seen him. I appreciate your help in educating the public. It's frustrating because I shopped there all the time being that it was walking distance daily and everyone else I have had contact with there is a pleasure to deal with. I don't know what his problem was but there was no need in the way he dealt with the situation. I can't even tell you the number of times I have OC in there with no issues what so ever. Please let me know what you find out.

And to everyone else, thanks for the advice. I was just simply stating on here about the sign so everyone wouldn't have anything to say about there being a posting. Just clarifying. Thanks y'all!

Banned
    And what type of services does "Handee Hugo" perform ... are tissues involved anywhere in the process? I thought so ...

If they guy asked you to leave then leave .. if he is just ranting w/o asking you to leave then don't ... let him rant and rave ..

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    And what type of services does "Handee Hugo" perform ... are tissues involved anywhere in the process? I thought so ...

If they guy asked you to leave then leave .. if he is just ranting w/o asking you to leave then don't ... let him rant and rave ..

I was simply stating the experience I had at the store so others who OC would know what they might get if they visit the store. I want us that OC to be able to keep our rights by the public being educated in the actual laws of OC...

Banned
    I was simply stating the experience I had at the store so others who OC would know what they might get if they visit the store. I want us that OC to be able to keep our rights by the public being educated in the actual laws of OC...
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Aceman7496 View Post
    Mind if I ask how you managed to convince the store to remove the sign? What type of things did you say?
    I stopped by several times to dicuss it with the manager. I emailed him and reminded him that people in
    Johnston County, his customers believe in the 2nd amendment. I printed out the NCDOJ laws on OC and CC.
    I also reminded him that the county has thousands of NRA members and he should not alienate so many of them.
    Be friendly and polite.
    Lannie ....Co-Chairman for the Johnston County The Friends of the NRA.
    GRNC Member and volunteer, NRA member and volunteer. Open Carry Advocate
    Triangle Open Carry Co-Organizer: Co-Chairman Johnston county Friends of the NRA.

The correct way.

I stopped by several times to dicuss it with the manager. I emailed him and reminded him that people in
    Johnston County, his customers believe in the 2nd amendment. I printed out the NCDOJ laws on OC and CC.
    I also reminded him that the county has thousands of NRA members and he should not alienate so many of them.
    Be friendly and polite.
    Lannie ....Co-Chairman for the Johnston County The Friends of the NRA.
    Good job with the education and approach.