Thread: Gov. Cuomo calls an "Oops"

Gov. Cuomo calls an "Oops"

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...elos-says.html

The ban on magazines holding more than seven bullets was set to start April 15. Cuomo has said the law needs to be rolled back because manufacturers donít make seven-round holders.
    stay safe.

If Pro-Gunners were as violent as Anti-Gunners say they are, logic would dictate that there would be no Anti-Gunners left.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Banned
    I saw this point in a NRA complaint ....

All folks in NY should now sue the state .. saying they threw away their >7 rd mags and now cannot get mags that comply with the outrageous safe act.

He did tell people to toss their mags in the trash ...
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 03-25-2013 at 10:09 AM.

I can't believe a government would write a bill that cannot be enforced and then instead of admitting it's all jacked up, add another requirement that's less enforceable than the original bill.

That's not how the "land of the free" operates, is it?
    What I told my wife when she said my steel Baby Eagle .45 was heavy, "Heavy is good, heavy is reliable, if it doesn't work you could always hit him with it."-Boris the Blade

MOLON LABE

Think about it, it was done on purpose. That way no one can use their firearms because the mags do not exist. Give these liberals more credit.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by zack991 View Post
    Think about it, it was done on purpose. That way no one can use their firearms because the mags do not exist. Give these liberals more credit.
    They do exist ... in their minds ....

The emergency laws that have been popping up all over seem to be making a small group of politicians very happy. The "look what I did for you" syndrome is putting bad law into the spotlight. It is difficult for me to understand this as fixing a bad law is much more difficult than just writing a good document. Too many "chicken little" politicians. "Run in circles, scream and shout, gotta pass gun laws!!"
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Beretta Leaves Maryland Tax loss of $31 million.
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...yland-take-hu/

Colt Very Likely Leaving Connecticut
    http://www.policemag.com/channel/wea...desktop-view=1
    Looking for work i would hound your Governors to make a real offer.
    Last edited by zack991; 04-04-2013 at 05:32 PM.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.

Banned
    Sorry to tell you this, but your links don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Sorry to tell you this, but your links don't work.
    Try them now fixed them a second time, when I check on them the [url] box is in the middle of the link and not were it is supposed to be

Banned
    They work. Thanks.

I like these developments, however, I'd prefer to see Beretta take a more principled stand. They almost make it sound as if the law were tweaked to allow the purchase of their own 9mm, they'd be OK with the law. I'd rather they said that banning broad categories of guns (even if the ban included none of theirs) was unacceptable on principle and would still prompt their move.