• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gov. Cuomo calls an "Oops"

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

davidmcbeth

Banned
I saw this point in a NRA complaint ....

All folks in NY should now sue the state .. saying they threw away their >7 rd mags and now cannot get mags that comply with the outrageous safe act.

He did tell people to toss their mags in the trash ...

Last edited:

ron73440

I can't believe a government would write a bill that cannot be enforced and then instead of admitting it's all jacked up, add another requirement that's less enforceable than the original bill.

That's not how the "land of the free" operates, is it?

zack991

Think about it, it was done on purpose. That way no one can use their firearms because the mags do not exist. Give these liberals more credit.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
The emergency laws that have been popping up all over seem to be making a small group of politicians very happy. The "look what I did for you" syndrome is putting bad law into the spotlight. It is difficult for me to understand this as fixing a bad law is much more difficult than just writing a good document. Too many "chicken little" politicians. "Run in circles, scream and shout, gotta pass gun laws!!"

eye95

They work. Thanks.

I like these developments, however, I'd prefer to see Beretta take a more principled stand. They almost make it sound as if the law were tweaked to allow the purchase of their own 9mm, they'd be OK with the law. I'd rather they said that banning broad categories of guns (even if the ban included none of theirs) was unacceptable on principle and would still prompt their move.