Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Road rage incident with firearm involved.

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    326

    Road rage incident with firearm involved.

    "I'm kinda high (or maybe low) profile around here, to hate on me is just sour grapes." - NCHeel

    "Nuts" followed by "You can go straight to Hell." Jake from Jericho

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Family reunion?

  3. #3
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,278
    Looks kinda like a cluster procreation.

    While he had no business following the other vehicle, at one point he was justified to use force as he was being double teamed. I do not see how his wife could be charged because at the point she got the gun, he was defiantly in danger. He had no business firing after that danger was over, and should be charged with that. I am curious why it is not reported, or has not been done. Why have the other participants not been arrested? I also find it odd there was somebody filming the incident. These incidents happen down in Fayetteville, or used to. Where a group of gang bangers would cut a person off and when an incident ensued then attacked the person, and filmed it. Anytime someone cuts you(general you) a person should use their cell phone to report and not take any action, just let them go. You never know what you are getting into, and the law does not excuse breaking a law because another law was broken.

    I would not have got into that situation, but if two men, with my bad ticker, had attacked me, I would have used deadly force. I also wonder if Turner had a concealed carry permit, it should be revoked, as well as his instructors. Clearly they did not teach him the laws in NC for the use of deadly force.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    It will be the old "I was confused" defense ... since he was punched out, we'll see how it plays ...

    He'll plead out I am guessing...

  5. #5
    Regular Member J-SiN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Monroe, NC
    Posts
    119
    guy with the gun seems to be the aggressor
    He is almost in THEIR car AND he throws the first punch
    just sayin

    was given the gun after he got his ass beat

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by J-SiN View Post
    guy with the gun seems to be the aggressor
    He is almost in THEIR car AND he throws the first punch
    just sayin

    was given the gun after he got his ass beat
    I agree ... but what defense would he have, I don't see anything other than the "I was confused due to a head injury...it's not my fault!"

    Watch the video .. he did not properly engage the force against him .... don't be swinging any punches if you don't know how to fight .. and when you do know how to fight, there is hardly any need to.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Family reunion?

  8. #8
    Regular Member Jamesm760's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Salisbury, NC
    Posts
    430
    The man was the aggressor.
    He threw the first punch.
    Shot off a couple rounds to show them hes still a man after he got his ass kicked.
    all this with a toddler in his back seat?

    With a temper like that, you don't have any business owning a firearm. IMO.

    Think of it this way, what if one of the 2 guys also had a firearm, it would have been justified if at that point, when he started poppin off rounds, they shot him. THAT, is actually "fear for ones life". Not just 2 skinny ass kids using fists as weapons. That to me is just "fear of an ass beating".

  9. #9
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesm760 View Post
    The man was the aggressor.
    He threw the first punch.
    Shot off a couple rounds to show them hes still a man after he got his ass kicked.
    all this with a toddler in his back seat?

    With a temper like that, you don't have any business owning a firearm. IMO.

    Think of it this way, what if one of the 2 guys also had a firearm, it would have been justified if at that point, when he started poppin off rounds, they shot him. THAT, is actually "fear for ones life". Not just 2 skinny ass kids using fists as weapons. That to me is just "fear of an ass beating".
    All participants were at fault. At one point if the man had the gun he was within his rights to use force to defend himself even though he threw the first punch. Two against one and he was in the video trying to get away. The only reason the two stopped beating him was because the wife introduced the firearm, she was justified to defend him, she could have IMO legally used deadly force. After they broke off beating him the role reversed and he was then again in the wrong. ALL parties except the camera person and the wife should have been arrested!
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  10. #10
    Regular Member carolina guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Concord, NC
    Posts
    1,790
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    All participants were at fault. At one point if the man had the gun he was within his rights to use force to defend himself even though he threw the first punch. Two against one and he was in the video trying to get away. The only reason the two stopped beating him was because the wife introduced the firearm, she was justified to defend him, she could have IMO legally used deadly force. After they broke off beating him the role reversed and he was then again in the wrong. ALL parties except the camera person and the wife should have been arrested!
    +1
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •