Thread: Tuscon Diamondback Police Supply cancels Rep. Gifford's Mr. Kelly purchase, 1911 & AR

Tuscon Diamondback Police Supply cancels Rep. Gifford's Mr. Kelly purchase, 1911 & AR

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...fords-husband/
    Within days, the story broke nationally and Kelly claimed that his purchases were made to highlight how easy it is to get a gun. He also added that he intended to turn the AR-15 into the Tucson Police.

An Arizona gun store cancelled a purchase made by former Congresswoman Gabby Giffords’s husband Mark Kelly. On March 5th, Kelly visited Diamondback Police Supply in Tucson, selected an AR-15 style rifle, a .45 caliber handgun, and some high capacity magazines, completed a background check and paid for his purchases.

Within days, the story broke nationally and Kelly claimed that his purchases were made to highlight how easy it is to get a gun. He also added that he intended to turn the AR-15 into the Tucson Police.

“While I support and respect Mark Kelly’s 2nd Amendment rights to purchase, possess, and use firearms in a safe and responsible manner, his recent statements to the media made it clear that his intent in purchasing the Sig Sauer M400 5.56mm rifle from us was for reasons other then for his personal use. In light of this fact, I determined that it was in my company’s best interest to terminate this transaction prior to his returning to my store to complete the Federal From 4473 and NICS background check required of Mr. Kelly before he could take possession this firearm.

Good.

Banned
    Diamondback Police Supply has also announced that the rifle Kelly selected will be donated to the Arizona Tactical Officers Association (ATO), to be raffled off to raise funds for the group. ATO raises money to purchase much-needed equipment for SWAT teams.

Why not donate it to a youth group instead of a SWAT team ? Bad choice Diamondback .....

That's what we need: MORE SWAT teams ...