• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recall Petition for Senators Murray and Cantwell for Oath of Office and 2A Violations

Hello everyone, I am new to your forum and would like to post this very important document for all to read and sign. I am an Active Duty Army Staff Sergeant in Washington that is fed up with the lack of support we are receiving from our elected officials. (further referred to as TRAITORS) Washington State is one of the few states that allow a Recall Vote. Now history tells us the no U.S. Senator has ever been successfully recalled, so I say if you are going to do something then go for broke. So when I wrote this petition I listed 2 Traitors on the same petition. We have aimed for the sky and need all the help we can get. Thank You in advance for your support, any and all help in this matter is greatly appreciated. "NOS MOS VINCITE" We Will Prevail

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/recall-senators-maria-cantwell-and-patty-murry-for/

jt59

So, help us understand....

Please give the Cliff notes version of the process you are engauging...

How many signatures do you actually need?

What is the time frame that you need to gather enough signatures to trigger whatever is the next step?

Once you have them, what do you do with them?

IMHO - They were duly elected....and while I don't agree with their politics, referring to them as "traitors" may not get the traction that you desire as you move this effort forward...can you articulate the specific "crimes of treason" that is the basis for the petition....since IANAL.

Who else is actively involved with this recall intiative or are you a one man juggernaut?

Recall overview reference:

http://www.uscitizensassociation.com/pdfs/Recalling U.S. Senators and Congressmen.pdf

Last edited:
Recall Questions answered.

Gun Rights across America Washington State and Openyoureyes America are the sponsors of this petition. We must obtain 35% of the original voting populace (approximately 200,000 signatures) to reach our goal. As for the Specifics of their wrong doings I list the following.

Misconduct in office- Oath of office Violations

Incompetence- Ignoring the Majority, 53% of the Washington State Voters want no Gun Bans or restrictions period.

Failure to perform duties prescribed by law- Oath of Office Violation. Failure to defend the Constitution by voting in favor of Gun Bans and Restrictions.

You seem to be very well versed in this topic. We would greatly appreciate any and all help that you would be willing to provide to us to strengthen our cause.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Hello everyone, I am new to your forum and would like to post this very important document for all to read and sign. I am an Active Duty Army Staff Sergeant in Washington that is fed up with the lack of support we are receiving from our elected officials. (further referred to as TRAITORS) Washington State is one of the few states that allow a Recall Vote. Now history tells us the no U.S. Senator has ever been successfully recalled, so I say if you are going to do something then go for broke. So when I wrote this petition I listed 2 Traitors on the same petition. We have aimed for the sky and need all the help we can get. Thank You in advance for your support, any and all help in this matter is greatly appreciated. "NOS MOS VINCITE" We Will Prevail

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/recall-senators-maria-cantwell-and-patty-murry-for/

Does an "iPetition" have the weight of law behind it? Or does only a paper petition that signatures that can be verified have the weight of law?

Last edited:
Petition Question

We are currently in conference with Stephen Pidgeon and Phil Watson on this exact matter. Gun Rights Across America Washington State is the Co-Sponsor of this petition and they have brought some really big guns to the table as you can clearly see. We will keep you advised on the progress.

jt59

We are currently in conference with Stephen Pidgeon and Phil Watson on this exact matter. Gun Rights Across America Washington State is the Co-Sponsor of this petition and they have brought some really big guns to the table as you can clearly see. We will keep you advised on the progress.

http://stephenpidgeon.com/

http://outragedpatriots.com/Stephen-Pidgeon-letter-to-Glenn-Beck.htm

FYI...all

Couldn't find any credentials for Phil Watson...who is he?

Well this is bad news....Now What do we do? Anyone, Anyone?

Dear Mr. Flory,

I was under the mistaken impression the senators in question were state senators, not US Senators.

Federal officials are not subject to recall. Recall is established under the state constitution as a process applicable to “[e]very elective public officer of the state,” except for judges. (Washington Constitution Art. I, Sec. 3.) That phrase is used in the statute as well, describing the process for commencing a recall. Senators are federal officers, and not officers of the state.

The US Constitution governs their office and my previous email is not applicable. Please consult with an attorney as it is out of my area of expertise.

Sheryl Moss | Certification & Training Manager
Washington State Elections | Office of the Secretary of State
(360) 902-4146 | www.vote.wa.gov

Samantha

Your petition doesn't state exactly what crimes and offenses they committed, for those who are unaware can you specify what they have done and how it has affected open carry?

answers

the earlier comments cover this question for the most part. However for you I would love to repost.

Oath Of Office Violations+ 53% of the Washington State voters want no gun ban or any additional gun restrictions that infringe upon their 2A rights, yet these 2 Senators voted in favor of bans and restrictions after being notified that the majority did not want a yes vote.

As for what effect this has had on the open carry, and I am not sure why this matters at this time. It has no effect on the open carry......yet. but if they get their way it not only will kill the OC but there is a chance that it could lead to more and more control until there is no more gun ownership. America must plan for the worst an hope for the best. any right that is not practiced will be lost.

Squeak

Dear Mr. Flory,

I was under the mistaken impression the senators in question were state senators, not US Senators.

Federal officials are not subject to recall. Recall is established under the state constitution as a process applicable to “[e]very elective public officer of the state,” except for judges. Washington Constitution Art. I, Sec.3) That phrase is used in the statute as well, describing the process for commencing a recall. Senators are federal officers, and not officers of the state.

The US Constitution governs their office and my previous email is not applicable. Please consult with an attorney as it is out of my area of expertise.

Sheryl Moss | Certification & Training Manager
Washington State Elections | Office of the Secretary of State
(360) 902-4146 | www.vote.wa.gov
I don't think that is right. You can recall a U.S. Senator. I tried it once. VERY difficult! The 18 states allowing for recall are as follows: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Georgia, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nevada, New Jersey, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, Washington and Wisconsin.

A website or a phone campaign are good ways to get your petition going. Going door-to-door is also an option although it is more time consuming than the other two. This is important since you only have a set number of days to obtain the correct number of signatures-anywhere from 30 to 180 days.

You will be fighting an uphill battle to recall a U.S. Senator. No member of Congress has ever been recalled in the history of the United States.

Wrong! Sec 3 is about ' pursuit of happiness.' Look at art. 1 sec.33

Last edited:

Squeak

SECTION 33 RECALL OF ELECTIVE OFFICERS.
Every elective public officer of the state of Washington expect [except] judges of courts of record is subject to recall and discharge by the legal voters of the state, or of the political subdivision of the state, from which he was elected whenever a petition demanding his recall, reciting that such officer has committed some act or acts of malfeasance or misfeasance while in office, or who has violated his oath of office, stating the matters complained of, signed by the percentages of the qualified electors thereof, hereinafter provided, the percentage required to be computed from the total number of votes cast for all candidates for his said office to which he was elected at the preceding election, is filed with the officer with whom a petition for nomination, or certificate for nomination, to such office must be filed under the laws of this state, and the same officer shall call a special election as provided by the general election laws of this state, and the result determined as therein provided. [AMENDMENT 8, 1911 p 504 Section 1. Approved November, 1912.]

Well written Draft.

Thank You for the advice everyone. I Love it. Any suggestions on where to get assistance on getting a well written draft? I will work my tail off to make this happen if someone can point me in the best direction please.