• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

police officers denied service at BWW

Numenor

Good, police are not above (or at least shouldn't be) the law the rest of us are under. Excluding them from a company policy that is enforced on the rest of the "common citizens" is crap.

I'd care a lot more about the situation if those cops had walked in, told the GM they weren't eating there because normal citizens are not allowed to be armed, and left.

Grantfrom1968

BWW says they have an anti-gun law. They need majorly boycotted. The cops were no trouble, had badges and offer protection. BWW mgmt. is twice stupid, I say.

JesterP99

Good, police are not above (or at least shouldn't be) the law the rest of us are under. Excluding them from a company policy that is enforced on the rest of the "common citizens" is crap.

I'd care a lot more about the situation if those cops had walked in, told the GM they weren't eating there because normal citizens are not allowed to be armed, and left.

You know, it's interesting, all the comments at the bottom pretty much say the same thing. This did happen in Virginia, a state where those "no gun" signs don't hold up in courts. Now, I agree, they could be denied service but this doesn't mean they are above the law, it's just the restaurant choosing to serve one and not the other, it's still their right as a private company.

That being said, I ate at BWW two weeks ago, open carried without any incident. Not sure if they noticed I was carrying or not as it was dark but nobody said anything to me.

We should still Boycott BWW though, if they are going to be anti-freedom and anti-safety. It seems that the GM seems to only want competent people carrying guns in his store, which is a fairly big insult to the general population of 2nd Amendment exercisers.

sraacke

Awsome. No Police Loophole. If we can't carry our guns in there then neither should the police.
Let's just change it from the No Guns policy for the resturant to something like the No Shoes, No Shirt No Service policy. Now say annother couple of city our county employees, this time beach lifeguards instead of police, show up to eat. The lifeguards are in their swimming trunks but no shirts ( I don't know... cause they don't wear their shirts on the beach, just go with it). The resturant has the same right to refuse them service as anyone else until they go out and put on shirts.
Frankly I'm tired of the Police Loophole and am glad to see the antigun polices of businesses being equally enforced.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
.... The cops were no trouble, had badges and offer protection. BWW mgmt. is twice stupid, I say.

There is a really good chance that there is something I do not know, or am not aware of, that makes LEO more able to offer protection than lawfully armed law-abiding citizens. Is it magic unicorn dust? Is it that in places where citizens are lawfully allowed to carry (OC or CC) there is on average one (1) LEO for every 20,000 persons? Is it that (not counting places like NYC, LA, and Maryland) there are approximately three times as many gun owners as there are LEO?

But I do agree with you, BWW management is twice stupid for their "NO GUNZ" policy.

stay safe.

FreeInAZ

http://manassas.patch.com/articles/...ervice-at-manassas-restaurant-because-of-guns

I can't believe this story. Talk about zero tolerance for firearms. They wouldn't serve the police cause they were armed.

Well good for them...sort of... if you are going to apply dumb@ss rules to the public, then the police should be included too, as they are simply citizens too. Not some special group worthy of treatment above what the general public at large can expect. Police have a tough job, no doubt abouf that, but so do many other citizens.
My point - why should this even be a "news"story? The police were simply treated the way many law-abiding citizens are on a daily basis. :confused:

love4guns

Well good for them...sort of... if you are going to apply dumb@ss rules to the public, then the police should be included too, as they are simply citizens too. Not some special group worthy of treatment above what the general public at large can expect. Police have a tough job, no doubt abouf that, but so do many other citizens.
My point - why should this even be a "news"story? The police were simply treated the way many law-abiding citizens are on a daily basis. :confused:

You can use your own commonsense as to why this story is newsworthy. Can you post another incident such as this one in virginia? I do agree with the notion that the police shouldn't be viewed as super hero's because they have a badge. BWW will regret their anti gun stance one day. I just hope no one gets hurt that day

WalkingWolf

http://manassas.patch.com/articles/...ervice-at-manassas-restaurant-because-of-guns

I can't believe this story. Talk about zero tolerance for firearms. They wouldn't serve the police cause they were armed.

Absolutely, shoving food in a pie hole is not official duties, police are part, or supposed to be, of the civilian population. They are not, or should not be SS. Every time I want a reality check, on what police should not be I read about Nazi Germany. While we are not yet to that point, we are becoming more a fascist nation each day, and police with their special privileges are being duped into fascism.

scouser

Never will as long as they are anti-gun.

Never been a fan of wings as a meal. Yard bird is an appetizer, and not a good one.

personally my disgust of places like BWW goes deeper than their firearm policy. They don't even know what a wing consists of. Somehow they can magically get 4 wings from one bird. Sorry but that is BS, a wing consists of everything from the shoulder to the tip, it doesn't end at the elbow and then start again as a new wing. If I order 6 wings I expect 3 chickens to have died for my eating pleasure. I do not expect to be given 6 halves of wings.

So I say screw BWW and their magic chickens

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

personally my disgust of places like BWW goes deeper than their firearm policy. They don't even know what a wing consists of. Somehow they can magically get 4 wings from one bird. Sorry but that is BS, a wing consists of everything from the shoulder to the tip, it doesn't end at the elbow and then start again as a new wing. If I order 6 wings I expect 3 chickens to have died for my eating pleasure. I do not expect to be given 6 halves of wings.

So I say screw BWW and their magic chickens
I am so old I remember when wings were just wings not buffalo wings, and the cheapest part of the chicken. If somebody had told me they would become a main course, or the featured course in a restaurant I would have laughed at them.

Marco

1+ bold section
The liberal media only reported as BWW snubbed the "elite" citizen class.

palerider116

Interesting situation if BWW calls 911 for police response. They've been given notice of their trespassing with firearms.