Thread: Serves him right perhaps

Serves him right perhaps

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Carey has the same problem most celebrities have, he believes because he is a celebrity we care about his politics or opinions. I view him and his kind no different then the checkout clerk in the local grocery store. JC just do your job and keep your opinions to yourself.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

I hold my checkout clerk(s) in higher regard than I hold Carey and all the other liberals. Liberals are not "smart" people. I question their cognitive capacity. Liberals should be shunned after being exposed as liberals.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

And there, ladies and gentlemen, you have pinpointed one of the problems with our society. Because a person is paid an obscene salary and has achieved a certain level of notoriety, their opinion is treated by many people as a pronouncement from Mount Olympus!! Sadly, some of those people can barely string words together to make a coherent sentence (especially true in the case of some highly-paid athletes), yet their opinions are treated as having enormous value.

In a novel entitled, "To Sail Beyond the Sunset", Robert Heinlein predicted this very thing back in 1987!!

I pay very little attention to any of the asinine comments/opinions voiced by either the elite of Hollywood or the professional athletes. There are many more people, much more intelligent and much better educated, to whom I would lend some credence.
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Guns are bad until it gives you millions of dollars, then it's OK.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the-mask-jim-carrey-guns-weapons-rockets.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	10182  
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

What I think of Jim Carrey...

It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump