• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Serves him right perhaps

WalkingWolf

Carey has the same problem most celebrities have, he believes because he is a celebrity we care about his politics or opinions. I view him and his kind no different then the checkout clerk in the local grocery store. JC just do your job and keep your opinions to yourself.

OC for ME

I hold my checkout clerk(s) in higher regard than I hold Carey and all the other liberals. Liberals are not "smart" people. I question their cognitive capacity. Liberals should be shunned after being exposed as liberals.

SFCRetired

And there, ladies and gentlemen, you have pinpointed one of the problems with our society. Because a person is paid an obscene salary and has achieved a certain level of notoriety, their opinion is treated by many people as a pronouncement from Mount Olympus!! Sadly, some of those people can barely string words together to make a coherent sentence (especially true in the case of some highly-paid athletes), yet their opinions are treated as having enormous value.

In a novel entitled, "To Sail Beyond the Sunset", Robert Heinlein predicted this very thing back in 1987!!

I pay very little attention to any of the asinine comments/opinions voiced by either the elite of Hollywood or the professional athletes. There are many more people, much more intelligent and much better educated, to whom I would lend some credence.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Guns are bad until it gives you millions of dollars, then it's OK.

Attachments

• the-mask-jim-carrey-guns-weapons-rockets.jpg
    the-mask-jim-carrey-guns-weapons-rockets.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 69