Thread: please show me the statistics of there so called wild west

please show me the statistics of there so called wild west

Im so sick of hearing if they pass open carry here in Florida it will be the wild west and shoot em ups!!!!!!!!!!! I will kill tourisim Its childish and immature peroid. Also they make it sound like that eyeryone that open carrys in Florida some punk thug or criminal will take your gun and shoot ya dead!!!!!!! Another thing im so tired of hearing about. I havent read anything ( unless i missed it ) about a open carrying person being fought for his gun and it was taken and he was killed or something with in them realms. I want the option to carry CC or OC !!!!!!!!!! What the hell is there problem by fighting us to open carry here in Florida??

Quote Originally Posted by transam86 View Post
    Im so sick of hearing if they pass open carry here in Florida it will be the wild west and shoot em ups!!!!!!!!!!! I will kill tourisim Its childish and immature peroid. Also they make it sound like that eyeryone that open carrys in Florida some punk thug or criminal will take your gun and shoot ya dead!!!!!!! Another thing im so tired of hearing about. I havent read anything ( unless i missed it ) about a open carrying person being fought for his gun and it was taken and he was killed or something with in them realms. I want the option to carry CC or OC !!!!!!!!!! What the hell is there problem by fighting us to open carry here in Florida??
    Point them to Las Vegas. Tourism is more important to us, and we openly carry on the Las Vegas Strip and Downtown. And, uh, we are the original West.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

You are assuming the average sheeple/lawmaker cares about statistics or rights. The stats disprove them at every turn, it doesn't matter. They hate you having guns, they ("they" meaning themselves or the state, who sheep identify with as their daddy/pimp) want to be the only ones that have them, period.
    Last edited by 77zach; 03-27-2013 at 02:48 PM.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Florida had open carry, until they got that shall issue permission card in 1987. The CC crowd happily went along with scheme. It is why I fight laws tying OC to CHP cards so much, it is nothing but a attempt to do to us in NC what was done to OC in Florida.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Florida had open carry, until they got that shall issue permission card in 1987. The CC crowd happily went along with scheme. It is why I fight laws tying OC to CHP cards so much, it is nothing but a attempt to do to us in NC what was done to OC in Florida.
    Sort of. Florida had licensed may issue open carry until 1987. Open carry was legalized in 1987 (by accident) for about a year, coincident with passage of "shall issue". From what I understand, it's possible we would still have unlicensed handgun OC if the legislature hadn't legalized long gun OC too. Naturally, some people, probably "agents", took their AR's and AK's to the park with them. That didn't sit well with our lawmakers.

Fl supreme court did give all white people constitutional carry in 1941. The decision is ignored.
    Last edited by 77zach; 03-27-2013 at 03:23 PM.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

[QUOTE=transam86;1917740]Im so sick of hearing if they pass open carry here in Florida it will be the wild west and shoot em ups!!!!!!!!!!! I will kill tourisim Its childish and immature peroid. Also they make it sound like that eyeryone that open carrys in Florida some punk thug or criminal will take your gun and shoot ya dead!!!!!!! Another thing im so tired of hearing about. I havent read anything ( unless i missed it ) about a open carrying person being fought for his gun and it was taken and he was killed or something with in them realms. I want the option to carry CC or OC !!!!!!!!!! What the hell is there problem by fighting us to open carry here in Florida?

Thank you gentlemen. The man in vegas point taken that open carry works ( and it dont kill tourisim nor did vegas turn into the wild west and have shoot em ups of thugs grabbing for your guns as these small minded people think will happen ) Sad these liberal narrow minded people think as they do. I do hope open carry will come to Florida this year. I seen that video with that ignorant bad attitude sherrif cox what he did to that poor guy and read so many horriffic things that happened to licensed carriers when there gun is accidentaly exposed. We as licensed and legal men aint the ones to fear but yet they condem us and put us in the closet. How is it in is it 43 states? Open carry works and goes off without a hitch and yet if its passed here were gonna be the wild west goons grabbing our guns and its gonna kill tourisim.

I believe that "blood in the streets" junk was tossed about when concealed carry came into being too.

As usual, it's merely a scare tactic from the people who want to disarm you and make the sheeple think they're safe.

But don't let it be said that they are ever bothered by THE FACTS on any gun legislation.

AD (full time open carry advocate and practitioner)
    NRA Life - AMA Life - ABATE Life
    Viet-Nam Helicopters Pilots Assn - Life
    IDPA, ICORE and USPSA carry gun shooter - Glock Armorer
    NRA Certified Instructor

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Point them to Las Vegas. Tourism is more important to us, and we openly carry on the Las Vegas Strip and Downtown. And, uh, we are the original West.
    Point them to Western Pennsylvania. We open carry, too. Nope, no blood on the streets, no shoot-outs over fender benders. And we've got over 700,000 people licensed to carry firearms (concealed).

Oh, Nevada is not the Original West, Western Pennsylvania is. Remember a little dust-up called the French and Indian War? It was fought here between the British and the French. The Allegheny Mountains was the original western frontier - it just moved west a little bit at a time until it finally reached Nevada.

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    ...Oh, Nevada is not the Original West, Western Pennsylvania is. ...
    Touché, but we had more and better moves made about our Western times...
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

We have the same type of drivel coming from the Sheriffs Association here in Alabama over SB286 which would turn Alabama into a shall issue instead of a may issue state, along with a few other things. They always say that if we are shall issue then it will be the wild west and blood in the streets. It's obviously a universal scare tactic that can be used at any point of a pro-2A movement. They all cause blood to fill the streets, yet none of them ever do. Interestingly enough, gun control usually does end up causing more "blood in the streets". Weird huh...

See the book "Frontier Violence: Another Look, by W. Eugene Hollon, PhD. Hollon was a past president of the Western History Association and spoken of as being vastly under rated as a western historian. In this book he relates that the five most violent (by reputation) cities of the "old west" had (combined) 45 homicides during a five year period. Seems about nine per town over five years. He debunks the popular myth of the "wild west" by showing it to be a fabrication of elements of the popular media. This is pretty much like today. You can get a copy on Amazon (used) for about 7-8 bucks--good read. I have a copy of this book but can't find it at the moment. When I do I will put up some quotes from it.

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    Sort of. Florida had licensed may issue open carry until 1987. Open carry was legalized in 1987 (by accident) for about a year, coincident with passage of "shall issue". From what I understand, it's possible we would still have unlicensed handgun OC if the legislature hadn't legalized long gun OC too. Naturally, some people, probably "agents", took their AR's and AK's to the park with them. That didn't sit well with our lawmakers.

Fl supreme court did give all white people constitutional carry in 1941. The decision is ignored.
    It wasn't by accident, and it was only for a couple of months, until Reno stuck her nose where it didn't belong.
    Director,
    Florida Carry, Inc.

Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife.
    -Justice Oliver Wendel Holmes
    Brown v. United States, 1921

Quote Originally Posted by rvrctyrngr View Post
    It wasn't by accident
    That was very myopic of our side then. Of course, I agree that's the way it should be but they could have known what would have happened once the media got a hold of it. It should have been written to keep log gun OC restricted, I think Fl may still be a gold star state for handguns if it had.
    Last edited by 77zach; 04-01-2013 at 03:46 PM.