• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

please show me the statistics of there so called wild west

transam86

Im so sick of hearing if they pass open carry here in Florida it will be the wild west and shoot em ups!!!!!!!!!!! I will kill tourisim Its childish and immature peroid. Also they make it sound like that eyeryone that open carrys in Florida some punk thug or criminal will take your gun and shoot ya dead!!!!!!! Another thing im so tired of hearing about. I havent read anything ( unless i missed it ) about a open carrying person being fought for his gun and it was taken and he was killed or something with in them realms. I want the option to carry CC or OC !!!!!!!!!! What the hell is there problem by fighting us to open carry here in Florida??

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Im so sick of hearing if they pass open carry here in Florida it will be the wild west and shoot em ups!!!!!!!!!!! I will kill tourisim Its childish and immature peroid. Also they make it sound like that eyeryone that open carrys in Florida some punk thug or criminal will take your gun and shoot ya dead!!!!!!! Another thing im so tired of hearing about. I havent read anything ( unless i missed it ) about a open carrying person being fought for his gun and it was taken and he was killed or something with in them realms. I want the option to carry CC or OC !!!!!!!!!! What the hell is there problem by fighting us to open carry here in Florida??

Point them to Las Vegas. Tourism is more important to us, and we openly carry on the Las Vegas Strip and Downtown. And, uh, we are the original West.

77zach

You are assuming the average sheeple/lawmaker cares about statistics or rights. The stats disprove them at every turn, it doesn't matter. They hate you having guns, they ("they" meaning themselves or the state, who sheep identify with as their daddy/pimp) want to be the only ones that have them, period.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Florida had open carry, until they got that shall issue permission card in 1987. The CC crowd happily went along with scheme. It is why I fight laws tying OC to CHP cards so much, it is nothing but a attempt to do to us in NC what was done to OC in Florida.

77zach

Florida had open carry, until they got that shall issue permission card in 1987. The CC crowd happily went along with scheme. It is why I fight laws tying OC to CHP cards so much, it is nothing but a attempt to do to us in NC what was done to OC in Florida.

Sort of. Florida had licensed may issue open carry until 1987. Open carry was legalized in 1987 (by accident) for about a year, coincident with passage of "shall issue". From what I understand, it's possible we would still have unlicensed handgun OC if the legislature hadn't legalized long gun OC too. Naturally, some people, probably "agents", took their AR's and AK's to the park with them. That didn't sit well with our lawmakers.

Fl supreme court did give all white people constitutional carry in 1941. The decision is ignored.

Last edited:

transam86

Im so sick of hearing if they pass open carry here in Florida it will be the wild west and shoot em ups!!!!!!!!!!! I will kill tourisim Its childish and immature peroid. Also they make it sound like that eyeryone that open carrys in Florida some punk thug or criminal will take your gun and shoot ya dead!!!!!!! Another thing im so tired of hearing about. I havent read anything ( unless i missed it ) about a open carrying person being fought for his gun and it was taken and he was killed or something with in them realms. I want the option to carry CC or OC !!!!!!!!!! What the hell is there problem by fighting us to open carry here in Florida?

Thank you gentlemen. The man in vegas point taken that open carry works ( and it dont kill tourisim nor did vegas turn into the wild west and have shoot em ups of thugs grabbing for your guns as these small minded people think will happen ) Sad these liberal narrow minded people think as they do. I do hope open carry will come to Florida this year. I seen that video with that ignorant bad attitude sherrif cox what he did to that poor guy and read so many horriffic things that happened to licensed carriers when there gun is accidentaly exposed. We as licensed and legal men aint the ones to fear but yet they condem us and put us in the closet. How is it in is it 43 states? Open carry works and goes off without a hitch and yet if its passed here were gonna be the wild west goons grabbing our guns and its gonna kill tourisim.

ADulay

I believe that "blood in the streets" junk was tossed about when concealed carry came into being too.

As usual, it's merely a scare tactic from the people who want to disarm you and make the sheeple think they're safe.

But don't let it be said that they are ever bothered by THE FACTS on any gun legislation.

AD (full time open carry advocate and practitioner)

Statkowski

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
Point them to Las Vegas. Tourism is more important to us, and we openly carry on the Las Vegas Strip and Downtown. And, uh, we are the original West.

Point them to Western Pennsylvania. We open carry, too. Nope, no blood on the streets, no shoot-outs over fender benders. And we've got over 700,000 people licensed to carry firearms (concealed).

Oh, Nevada is not the Original West, Western Pennsylvania is. Remember a little dust-up called the French and Indian War? It was fought here between the British and the French. The Allegheny Mountains was the original western frontier - it just moved west a little bit at a time until it finally reached Nevada.

ADobbs1989

We have the same type of drivel coming from the Sheriffs Association here in Alabama over SB286 which would turn Alabama into a shall issue instead of a may issue state, along with a few other things. They always say that if we are shall issue then it will be the wild west and blood in the streets. It's obviously a universal scare tactic that can be used at any point of a pro-2A movement. They all cause blood to fill the streets, yet none of them ever do. Interestingly enough, gun control usually does end up causing more "blood in the streets". Weird huh...

4sooth

See the book "Frontier Violence: Another Look, by W. Eugene Hollon, PhD. Hollon was a past president of the Western History Association and spoken of as being vastly under rated as a western historian. In this book he relates that the five most violent (by reputation) cities of the "old west" had (combined) 45 homicides during a five year period. Seems about nine per town over five years. He debunks the popular myth of the "wild west" by showing it to be a fabrication of elements of the popular media. This is pretty much like today. You can get a copy on Amazon (used) for about 7-8 bucks--good read. I have a copy of this book but can't find it at the moment. When I do I will put up some quotes from it.

rvrctyrngr

Sort of. Florida had licensed may issue open carry until 1987. Open carry was legalized in 1987 (by accident) for about a year, coincident with passage of "shall issue". From what I understand, it's possible we would still have unlicensed handgun OC if the legislature hadn't legalized long gun OC too. Naturally, some people, probably "agents", took their AR's and AK's to the park with them. That didn't sit well with our lawmakers.

Fl supreme court did give all white people constitutional carry in 1941. The decision is ignored.

It wasn't by accident, and it was only for a couple of months, until Reno stuck her nose where it didn't belong.

77zach

It wasn't by accident

That was very myopic of our side then. Of course, I agree that's the way it should be but they could have known what would have happened once the media got a hold of it. It should have been written to keep log gun OC restricted, I think Fl may still be a gold star state for handguns if it had.

Last edited: