• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The reason Nevada does not recognise the Arizona CCW permit!

jpa

Here's the NRS that makes their assertion/claim irrelevant. If someone has a permit from another state and becomes a resident, they have to get a Nevada permit within 60 days of their becoming a resident.

NRS 202.3688  Circumstances in which holder of permit issued by another state may carry concealed firearm in this State; holder of permit issued by another state subject to same restrictions and requirements as holder of permit issued in this State.
1.  Except as otherwise provided in subsection 2, a person who possesses a permit to carry a concealed firearm that was issued by a state included in the list prepared pursuant to NRS 202.3689 may carry a concealed firearm in this State in accordance with the requirements set forth in NRS 202.3653 to 202.369, inclusive.
2.  A person who possesses a permit to carry a concealed firearm that was issued by a state included in the list prepared pursuant to NRS 202.3689 may not carry a concealed firearm in this State if the person:
(a) Becomes a resident of this State; and
(b) Has not been issued a permit from the sheriff of the county in which he or she resides within 60 days after becoming a resident of this State.
3.  A person who carries a concealed firearm pursuant to this section is subject to the same legal restrictions and requirements imposed upon a person who has been issued a permit by a sheriff in this State.
(Added to NRS by 2007, 3150)

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Looks like they finally deleted most of the comments (including their BS replies) from their Facebook page. Oddly, they left up my comment asking if they were the impetus for the change (it had received no replies).

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...owner's name as Chad Christensen. Yup, as in former Assemblyman. ...

Any way to verify this?

A Google search of the Sanchez owners have the first hits as a 36-year-old Hispanic felon and a Filipina lingerie model (and I hate when those pop up on a Google search unexpectedly...)

varminter22

jpa

Unless he divorced and remarried, I highly doubt it is the former Assemblyman Chad Christiansen. See his biography from the 2009 legislative session: http://www.leg.state.nv.us/Session/75th2009/Legislators/Assembly/Christensen.pdf His wife at that time was "Ashley." And, see http://www.leg.state.nv.us/Session/75th2009/Legislators/Assembly/alist.cfm - although its possible he moved, his address at that time was listed on West Sahara Avenue. So it appears it is a different person.

I think you're right. I edited my comments in my post accordingly.

The Big Guy

They don't run their business out of the shooting park. Like many other CCW and firearm instructors, they just use the range for their training. If you read the email, their mailing address is 5495 Donna St in North Las Vegas. A Clark County Assessor record search shows the owner's name as Chad Christensen.

This may be, now, but their web site showed a picture of their trailer and said it was located at the county shooting park. After Tread brought it up, they changed it.

TBG