• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Last Chance for HB700!!!!!!!!!!

zekester

Just got off the phone with Rep Lavenders office....

Paddie has withdrawn his bill....

HB700, if it is not on the agenda for next thursday.....it will most likely die!!!

Pressure.....pressure and more pressure!!!!

Z

tejasx

Campaign Veteran
Just got off the phone with Rep Lavenders office....

Paddie has withdrawn his bill....

HB700, if it is not on the agenda for next thursday.....it will most likely die!!!

Pressure.....pressure and more pressure!!!!

Z

It might be for the better instead of having two similar bills going for a vote.

jblosser

Since the bill was left pending it doesn't have to be listed on the agenda on the meeting notice to come back up for a vote. They may list "pending bills" as a single item, or list nothing at all. Lavender's office should get a heads up if its going to come up or not but apart from that we often don't know what will come up until it happens.

Rogue Warrior

Since the bill was left pending it doesn't have to be listed on the agenda on the meeting notice to come back up for a vote. They may list "pending bills" as a single item, or list nothing at all. Lavender's office should get a heads up if its going to come up or not but apart from that we often don't know what will come up until it happens.

This morning I asked a Homeland Security and Public Safety Committee staff member if H.B. 700 and other firearms related bills have been scheduled for a vote. He indicated that they had not as the committee wanted to hear all of the firearms related bills before voting on them. That includes H.B. 3218 which was filed on the next to last day to file bills. The staffer thought that it would be heard next week or the week after. It appears that a vote is some time off.

rushcreek2

This decision to hear all of the gun related bills prior to voting on them would normally seem to make sense, given a certain amount of overlap among the various bills.

However, this is the TEXAS LEGISLATURE -that 140 day exhibition of a virtual "black hole" into which meaningful legislation is regularly swallowed up. This is the process by which the Disarmament Act of April 12, 1871 has enjoyed immunity from the Texas Constitution for 150 years and still counting.

Concern is that Texans may have to accept "baby-step" improvements this session.

Last edited:

nonameisgood

Don't you mean "140 years and counting?" ;-)

I can be in Austin most days if I know in time to get there. In the mean time, I'll ask my legislators to check on this for me (with a wink and a nudge toward taking some political action).