Thread: Questions about getting Utah permit

Questions about getting Utah permit

I already have my CHL and hunters safety card, am I required to take any more courses? If so does anybody know of any classes that can take applicants at last minute? I have a weird schedule and not always sure when I will be home.

Yes, you must take the UT course from a UT-certified instructor.

I'm at the wrong end of my state to be of much availability to you; sorry.
    Last edited by MAC702; 03-27-2013 at 05:04 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Questions about getting Utah permit

Ok thank you

Re: Questions about getting Utah permit

I see them being offered occasionally at booths at the gun shows where you can sign up. On the UT department of public safety web site they have a list of certified instructors.
    Last edited by Cremator75; 03-27-2013 at 07:04 PM.

The lists of Utah certified instructors can be found here: http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/con...structors.html

There are about 100 of them in Oregon.

Took my Utah class at Fisherman's Marine up by the expo center. I already have my Oregon license but travel to Washington often so wanted to get a Utah CHL.

Utah one was pretty much the same, you have to go through the Utah book basically page by page. And someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe they have to either issue your card or deny you within 60 days after the application is received.

Make sure your instructor actually signs your application, mine put his stamp on it but forgot to sign it and 60 days turned into about 100 since it had to be sent back and then resubmitted.

Quote Originally Posted by PDXsoccerguy View Post
    And someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe they have to either issue your card or deny you within 60 days after the application is received.
    Utah law gives them 60 days from receipt. If they are backed up, they simply don't open the mail until they can get to it. Watch for your payment to clear, that will tell you when they are starting the clock. Current reports are that they are running pretty much right at 60 days from the mailing.

Well,,,

Quote Originally Posted by PDXsoccerguy View Post
    Took my Utah class at Fisherman's Marine up by the expo center. I already have my Oregon license but travel to Washington often so wanted to get a Utah CHL.

Utah one was pretty much the same, you have to go through the Utah book basically page by page. And someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe they have to either issue your card or deny you within 60 days after the application is received.

Make sure your instructor actually signs your application, mine put his stamp on it but forgot to sign it and 60 days turned into about 100 since it had to be sent back and then resubmitted.
    You funny guy!
    If you wanted to carry in washington? why didnt you just apply for our permit?
    If you have finger prints, and a clean record and 55 bucks they are shall issue in 60 days, and have much reciprocity!
    No Training, No tests, No nothing...

BTW... this applies to Anyone From Any State,,, If you want to carry in our state?
    Apply at any sheriff or police station during your next trip here, it only takes an hour, they will send it to you in the mail!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    You funny guy!
    If you wanted to carry in washington? why didnt you just apply for our permit?
    If you have finger prints, and a clean record and 55 bucks they are shall issue in 60 days, and have much reciprocity!
    No Training, No tests, No nothing...

BTW... this applies to Anyone From Any State,,, If you want to carry in our state?
    Apply at any sheriff or police station during your next trip here, it only takes an hour, they will send it to you in the mail!
    Probably because the UT permit is good in more states.