• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

the Philosophy of Liberty

Beretta92FSLady

It's an appealing philosophy, I suppose, that is, if you accept the Principle: Self-ownership. I understand why individuals cling to it: Control.--individuals want to believe, and feel as though they have as much control as possible.

For good or ill, humans are social creatures, and by that, do not have absolute Liberty, basically, none of us have sole ownership over our selves.

Man is not even born with Liberty, Man is born as the social creature that he is; absent Liberty...at best, having a degree of Liberty. Liberty is not Absolute.

Peace out.

Last edited:

eye95

I enjoy a lot of things that I hope you would enjoy. I know you won't enjoy them all, so I would always provide an indication of what the thing was in order that you would better be able to judge if you'd like to try it.

Can you provide a summary? I'd hate to click the link to find that someone is demonstrating their philosophy of Liberty by graphically demonstrating their right to pierce parts of their body that I don't even want to see when they aren't pierced.

Last edited:

OC for ME

It's an appealing philosophy, I suppose, that is, if you accept the Principle: Self-ownership. I understand why individuals cling to it: Control.--individuals want to believe, and feel as though they have as much control as possible.

For good or ill, humans are social creatures, and by that, do not have absolute Liberty, basically, none of us have sole ownership over our selves.

Man is not even born with Liberty, Man is born as the social creature that he is; absent Liberty...at best, having a degree of Liberty. Liberty is not Absolute.

Peace out.
Liberal claptrap. Even Thomas Jefferson did not advocate for absolute liberty.

But he did advocate for as much liberty as any citizen desired to exercise free of government interference. You, on the other hand, seek to encumber the citizenry with government and then have the citizenry petition the government to issue some number of liberties for the exercising.

papa bear

Peace out.

i call BS. you are born alone and you die alone. nothing is writing in stone. watch the video. it is what we have and how much we are willing to give to others, with or without force

I enjoy a lot of things that I hope you would enjoy. I know you won't enjoy them all, so I would always provide an indication of what the thing was in order that you would better be able to judge if you'd like to try it.

Can you provide a summary? I'd hate to click the link to find that someone is demonstrating their philosophy of Liberty by graphically demonstrating their right to pierce parts of their body that I don't even want to see when they aren't pierced.

EYE just watch the video. then you can except or reject it

Beretta92FSLady

i call BS. you are born alone and you die alone. nothing is writing in stone. watch the video. it is what we have and how much we are willing to give to others, with or without force

EYE just watch the video. then you can except or reject it

Nope, not born alone, you are birthed from a female...aren't we all? So, no, we aren't alone. Not all of us die alone; my grandmother had many family members beside her when she passed.

Correct, nothing is written in stone.

Eye is afraid of mysterious links, a close second to Government.

Beretta92FSLady

Liberal claptrap. Even Thomas Jefferson did not advocate for absolute liberty.

But he did advocate for as much liberty as any citizen desired to exercise free of government interference. You, on the other hand, seek to encumber the citizenry with government and then have the citizenry petition the government to issue some number of liberties for the exercising.

Then I agree...Liberty is not Absolute...it is a matter of degrees. I'm glad we could come to this agreement...you, me, and Jefferson.

So, Liberty is acquired by desire, I suppose by action? One must, if they want more Liberty, take action to gain it? I agree. But I digress, man is a social creature, and his Liberty is intertwined with all of individuals in his society. A man's Liberty is dependent on the Liberty of all men.

I'm really digging this philosophy thing.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

Then I agree...Liberty is not Absolute...it is a matter of degrees. I'm glad we could come to this agreement...you, me, and Jefferson.

So, Liberty is acquired by desire, I suppose by action? One must, if they want more Liberty, take action to gain it? I agree. But I digress, man is a social creature, and his Liberty is intertwined with all of individuals in his society. A man's Liberty is dependent on the Liberty of all men.

I'm really digging this philosophy thing.

Of course man/woman is a "social creature" that's the nature of being human. And why even in horrible prisons solitary confinement is a punishment that works. This does not mean we are born owing society anything or we have a "social contract", because all contracts must be entered into voluntarily or they are null and void. Society simple means the people it isn't a magical union but people interacting with people and only in a free and liberal society will we develop what works best in our associations with others.

Last edited: