• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Should have gone to Burger King - Have it your way

motoxmann

lol! this comment cracked me up: "Hey, if she can handle pushing a baby out, she can take a hamburger to the face."

but anyway, yeah, this has nothing to do with firearms nor his pistol permit. he could have handled the situation a bit better, but it has zero to do with firearms

WalkingWolf

Well I disagree, the man clearly is a angry nut case. I do not agree with how his weapons were seized without due process, but he should have been hospitalized and received a evaluation. I do not want people who are prone to blowing up in public, IN PUBLIC. Lock him up in the nut house until he is safe.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Well I disagree, the man clearly is a angry nut case. I do not agree with how his weapons were seized without due process, but he should have been hospitalized and received a evaluation. I do not want people who are prone to blowing up in public, IN PUBLIC. Lock him up in the nut house until he is safe.

What you said was anyone who loses their temper should be tossed into a nuthouse....want to re-think that?

WalkingWolf

What you said was anyone who loses their temper should be tossed into a nuthouse....want to re-think that?

No I don't there is a difference between losing ones temper, and acting violently in public. His behavior was of someone unhinged, I am not saying he should be carted off without evaluation, but he should be evaluated. It would be up to a doctor if he is safe to be loose in public. IMO it is a much better option than just taking his guns.

davidmcbeth

Banned
No I don't there is a difference between losing ones temper, and acting violently in public. His behavior was of someone unhinged, I am not saying he should be carted off without evaluation, but he should be evaluated. It would be up to a doctor if he is safe to be loose in public. IMO it is a much better option than just taking his guns.

You may not know this, but in CT they do take away your guns if they decide you need evaluation ... then only after they say your not nuts or a danger - then you get your guns back ... about 12 months later. You may not have known this...

WalkingWolf

You may not know this, but in CT they do take away your guns if they decide you need evaluation ... then only after they say your not nuts or a danger - then you get your guns back ... about 12 months later. You may not have known this...

There are a lot of laws I do not agree with. My personal belief is that criminals should be in jail until they are no longer a threat. Dangerous nut cases belong in the hospital until they are no longer a danger. Once they are released they should have ALL their rights.

In my ideal world everybody would be responsible for their behavior, don't want to go to jail, don't commit crimes. Don't want locked up in the looney bin, then control the temper. That way the law abiding responsible citizens are not punished for the nuts and dirt bags.

papa bear

i agree WW, it hink this guy has some anger management issues. don't know if i want him carrying a gun, andi am a guy that thinks felons should be allowed to carry

but this does remind me

what is the difference between a porcupine and a BMW. the porcupine has the pricks on the outside

but really do you become a pr!ck when you buy a BMW, or are you a pr!ck that you buy a BMW

Last edited:

Rich B

Last time I checked, human beings don't have the right to tell other human beings what they may or may not possess. If you don't feel 'comfortable' with someone, just don't associate with them and keep the means to protect yourself on you.

davidmcbeth

Banned
There are a lot of laws I do not agree with. My personal belief is that criminals should be in jail until they are no longer a threat. Dangerous nut cases belong in the hospital until they are no longer a danger. Once they are released they should have ALL their rights.

In my ideal world everybody would be responsible for their behavior, don't want to go to jail, don't commit crimes. Don't want locked up in the looney bin, then control the temper. That way the law abiding responsible citizens are not punished for the nuts and dirt bags.

WW, see this article about felons (not gun related but I thought it would interest you)

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/mar/27/us-agencies-join-war-against-gun-owners/

Ctclassic

Last time I checked, human beings don't have the right to tell other human beings what they may or may not possess. If you don't feel 'comfortable' with someone, just don't associate with them and keep the means to protect yourself on you.

Kinda hard to do when you work beside someone who takes a baggie full ( ok, maybe 15 -20 pills ) of meds every morning that look like Skittles for Christ sake, ( for his bi-polar disorder ) , and who has sugar real bad, but hey it's must be fine because CT desided to issue a carry permit to him. And because we work in a State building, it's not like I can carry to protect myself. Rich, there are ALWAYS exceptions I guess.

WalkingWolf

The employees at McDonalds have no choice to associate with nut cases on occasion. Truly they cannot know who will flip out, it is not like it is tattooed on their foreheads. But I agree they should not be restricted on what the possess, they should be locked up for their actions, until they are safe.