Thread: Armed Drones on US soil??

Armed Drones on US soil??

http://www.policeone.com/police-tech...r&nlid=6170062

WASHINGTON — Leaders in the law enforcement community want people to know that they are against the arming of domestic drones. Public attention to the privacy and safety issues associated with unmanned aerial vehicles, or drones, was recently spurred by Kentucky Republican Sen. Rand Paul’s near 13-hour filibuster of the confirmation of now-CIA Director John Brennan over the drone issue.

The International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) had, however, already approved unmanned aircraft guidelines in the middle of August 2012 that addressed major privacy and safety concerns. “Equipping the aircraft with weapons of any type is strongly discouraged,” read the IACP guidelines.

“We think it’s a really bad idea,” Airborne Law Enforcement Association Executive Director Steve Ingley told The Daily Caller. He noted that law enforcement is not interested in prolonged periods of surveillance using unmanned aircraft because of the lack of practicality.

Coming at you folks, ARMED drones. Call anyone, call everyone, do not let them treat us like the taliban.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    To many apologist we are worse than the Taliban. How dare we choose liberty!
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Armed or not it is still wrong. The first American that shoots one down will be a hero.
    Last edited by zack991; 03-28-2013 at 07:48 PM.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Quote Originally Posted by zack991 View Post
    Armed or not it is still wrong. The first American that shoots one down will be a hero.
    The drone operator will receive a Purple Heart.

Banned
    Bloomy says to suck it up -- too bad.

It will be too bad when they mysteriously start falling from the sky ... too bad

Start of with an unarmed drone - normalization.

See drone flying around - normalization.

Normalization of deviancy achieved.

Start with armed drone because "armed and dangerous subject" is running around - normalization.

See armed drones flying overhead like guardian angels that rain hellfire missiles - normalization.

Welcome to the Dystopian America.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Bloomy says to suck it up -- too bad.
    As long as its under 16 oz?

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    <snip> The International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) had, however, already approved unmanned aircraft guidelines in the middle of August 2012 that addressed major privacy and safety concerns. “Equipping the aircraft with weapons of any type is strongly discouraged,” read the IACP guidelines. <snip>
    Discouraged, not prohibited. If no law prohibits.....
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

It's really difficult to have a discussion with people about this kind of thing, right now we are trying to warn against it, and the response of those who trust the govt, is "don't worry, it'll never happen" and when it does, suddenly it's "not a big deal."

That goes for a lot of things, from TSA groping people, potential gun bans or registration, or the trans fat ban in NY that set the stage for the 16oz ban.

I could name more, but it seems to be a recurring pattern with those who think the govt really has our best interests at heart.

The only interests govt has is itself and keeping those who are dependent on the dole.

It's definitely not looking out for our freedoms.
    Last edited by ron73440; 03-29-2013 at 09:37 AM. Reason: I spell like an idiot sometimes
    What I told my wife when she said my steel Baby Eagle .45 was heavy, "Heavy is good, heavy is reliable, if it doesn't work you could always hit him with it."-Boris the Blade

MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by ron73440 View Post
    It's really difficult to have a discussion with people about this kind of thing, right now we are trying to warn against it, and the response of those who trust the govt, is "don't worry, it'll never happen" and when it does, suddenly it's "not a big deal."

That goes for a lot of things, from TSA groping people, potential gun bans or registration, or the trans fat ban in NY that set the stage for the 16oz ban.

I could name more, but it seems to be a recurring pattern with those who think the govt really has our best interests at heart.

The only interests govt has is itself and keeping those who are dependent on the dole.

It's definitely not looking out for our freedoms.
    +1 and called "paranoid"

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    +1 and called "paranoid"
    It is not paranoid, when they really are out to get you.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    It is not paranoid, when they really are out to get you.
    And they are Ayn Rand said the only power the government has is over criminals so they strive to make us all criminals (paraphrasing).
    I like the old joke " just because you are not paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you."

And they are Ayn Rand said the only power the government has is over criminals so they strive to make us all criminals (paraphrasing).
    I like the old joke " just because you are not paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you."
    Drones are coming to American sol, period. It's not a matter of If, it's a matter of When. Legal issues will winde their way through the courts, land at the Bench, and be engrained either way into the fabric of our Constitution. Hope for the best, count on the worse...I'm such a downer!

I dig some of his pro-Gay mantras: "Why do they always teach us that it's easy and evil to do what we want and that we need discipline to restrain ourselves? It's the hardest thing in the world--to do what we want. And it takes the greatest kind of courage. I mean, what we really want.”
    Ayn Rand

And another: “The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.”
    Ayn Rand

And his view that Man makes a sexual choice to be with a woman or a man--believing heterosexuality, and homosexuality are both a choice: “A man's sexual choice is the result and the sum of his fundamental convictions.... He will always be attracted to the woman who reflects his deepest vision of himself, the woman whose surrender permits him to experience a sense of self-esteem. The man who is proudly certain of his own value, will want the highest type of woman he can find, the woman he admires, the strongest, the hardest to conquer--because only the possession of a heroine will give him the sense of an achievement.”
    Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

http://www.goodreads.com/author/quot...yn_Rand?page=2
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Drones are coming to American sol, period. It's not a matter of If, it's a matter of When. Legal issues will winde their way through the courts, land at the Bench, and be engrained either way into the fabric of our Constitution. Hope for the best, count on the worse...I'm such a downer!
    You may be right, the real question is will we keep taking it?

I dig some of his pro-Gay mantras: "Why do they always teach us that it's easy and evil to do what we want and that we need discipline to restrain ourselves? It's the hardest thing in the world--to do what we want. And it takes the greatest kind of courage. I mean, what we really want.”
    Ayn Rand

And another: “The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.”
    Ayn Rand

And his view that Man makes a sexual choice to be with a woman or a man--believing heterosexuality, and homosexuality are both a choice: “A man's sexual choice is the result and the sum of his fundamental convictions.... He will always be attracted to the woman who reflects his deepest vision of himself, the woman whose surrender permits him to experience a sense of self-esteem. The man who is proudly certain of his own value, will want the highest type of woman he can find, the woman he admires, the strongest, the hardest to conquer--because only the possession of a heroine will give him the sense of an achievement.”
    Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

http://www.goodreads.com/author/quot...yn_Rand?page=2
    Minor correction Ayn was a female. If you are pro liberty, you will be "pro gay" whether one thinks it is wrong or not. Citizens tag line says it all.

Banned
    To many apologist we are worse than the Taliban. How dare we choose liberty!
    We are because we are HERE