• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Armed Drones on US soil??

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
http://www.policeone.com/police-tec...domestic-UAVs/?source=newsletter&nlid=6170062

WASHINGTON — Leaders in the law enforcement community want people to know that they are against the arming of domestic drones. Public attention to the privacy and safety issues associated with unmanned aerial vehicles, or drones, was recently spurred by Kentucky Republican Sen. Rand Paul’s near 13-hour filibuster of the confirmation of now-CIA Director John Brennan over the drone issue.

The International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) had, however, already approved unmanned aircraft guidelines in the middle of August 2012 that addressed major privacy and safety concerns. “Equipping the aircraft with weapons of any type is strongly discouraged,” read the IACP guidelines.

“We think it’s a really bad idea,” Airborne Law Enforcement Association Executive Director Steve Ingley told The Daily Caller. He noted that law enforcement is not interested in prolonged periods of surveillance using unmanned aircraft because of the lack of practicality.

Coming at you folks, ARMED drones. Call anyone, call everyone, do not let them treat us like the taliban.

zack991

Armed or not it is still wrong. The first American that shoots one down will be a hero.

Last edited:

palerider116

Start of with an unarmed drone - normalization.

See drone flying around - normalization.

Normalization of deviancy achieved.

Start with armed drone because "armed and dangerous subject" is running around - normalization.

See armed drones flying overhead like guardian angels that rain hellfire missiles - normalization.

Welcome to the Dystopian America.

OC for ME

<snip> The International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) had, however, already approved unmanned aircraft guidelines in the middle of August 2012 that addressed major privacy and safety concerns. “Equipping the aircraft with weapons of any type is strongly discouraged,” read the IACP guidelines. <snip>
Discouraged, not prohibited. If no law prohibits.....

ron73440

It's really difficult to have a discussion with people about this kind of thing, right now we are trying to warn against it, and the response of those who trust the govt, is "don't worry, it'll never happen" and when it does, suddenly it's "not a big deal."

That goes for a lot of things, from TSA groping people, potential gun bans or registration, or the trans fat ban in NY that set the stage for the 16oz ban.

I could name more, but it seems to be a recurring pattern with those who think the govt really has our best interests at heart.

The only interests govt has is itself and keeping those who are dependent on the dole.

It's definitely not looking out for our freedoms.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

It's really difficult to have a discussion with people about this kind of thing, right now we are trying to warn against it, and the response of those who trust the govt, is "don't worry, it'll never happen" and when it does, suddenly it's "not a big deal."

That goes for a lot of things, from TSA groping people, potential gun bans or registration, or the trans fat ban in NY that set the stage for the 16oz ban.

I could name more, but it seems to be a recurring pattern with those who think the govt really has our best interests at heart.

The only interests govt has is itself and keeping those who are dependent on the dole.

It's definitely not looking out for our freedoms.

+1 and called "paranoid"

Beretta92FSLady

And they are Ayn Rand said the only power the government has is over criminals so they strive to make us all criminals (paraphrasing).
I like the old joke " just because you are not paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you."

Drones are coming to American sol, period. It's not a matter of If, it's a matter of When. Legal issues will winde their way through the courts, land at the Bench, and be engrained either way into the fabric of our Constitution. Hope for the best, count on the worse...I'm such a downer!

I dig some of his pro-Gay mantras: "Why do they always teach us that it's easy and evil to do what we want and that we need discipline to restrain ourselves? It's the hardest thing in the world--to do what we want. And it takes the greatest kind of courage. I mean, what we really want.”
Ayn Rand

And another: “The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.”
Ayn Rand

And his view that Man makes a sexual choice to be with a woman or a man--believing heterosexuality, and homosexuality are both a choice: “A man's sexual choice is the result and the sum of his fundamental convictions.... He will always be attracted to the woman who reflects his deepest vision of himself, the woman whose surrender permits him to experience a sense of self-esteem. The man who is proudly certain of his own value, will want the highest type of woman he can find, the woman he admires, the strongest, the hardest to conquer--because only the possession of a heroine will give him the sense of an achievement.”
Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

http://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/432.Ayn_Rand?page=2

sudden valley gunner

Drones are coming to American sol, period. It's not a matter of If, it's a matter of When. Legal issues will winde their way through the courts, land at the Bench, and be engrained either way into the fabric of our Constitution. Hope for the best, count on the worse...I'm such a downer!
You may be right, the real question is will we keep taking it?

I dig some of his pro-Gay mantras: "Why do they always teach us that it's easy and evil to do what we want and that we need discipline to restrain ourselves? It's the hardest thing in the world--to do what we want. And it takes the greatest kind of courage. I mean, what we really want.”
Ayn Rand

And another: “The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.”
Ayn Rand

And his view that Man makes a sexual choice to be with a woman or a man--believing heterosexuality, and homosexuality are both a choice: “A man's sexual choice is the result and the sum of his fundamental convictions.... He will always be attracted to the woman who reflects his deepest vision of himself, the woman whose surrender permits him to experience a sense of self-esteem. The man who is proudly certain of his own value, will want the highest type of woman he can find, the woman he admires, the strongest, the hardest to conquer--because only the possession of a heroine will give him the sense of an achievement.”
Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

http://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/432.Ayn_Rand?page=2
Minor correction Ayn was a female. If you are pro liberty, you will be "pro gay" whether one thinks it is wrong or not. Citizens tag line says it all. :cool: