• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CFAA 2013: New CFAA Draft Aims To Expand, Not Reform, The ‘Worst Law In Technology’

OC for ME

FUQ
The Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (CFAA) was originally introduced in 1984 to reduce the cracking of computer systems owned by financial institutions and the government; nearly 30 years and seven amendments later, the law is regarded by many lawyers and academics as overly “expansive” and “sweeping,” as it lets the government incarcerate “any Internet user they want,” according to former federal prosecutor Orin Kerr.

http://www.ibtimes.com/computer-fra...pand-not-reform-worst-law-technology-1158515#
One step closer to getting you tossed into jail or becoming a prohibited person. A computer crime felony makes you a prohibited person. I'll be sending my senators and rep a e-mail.