Thread: weed tax = solve $$ problems?

Banned

weed tax = solve $$ problems?

thats what they said about every tax ... it will solve our $$ problems...and for about 1 nanosecond it might, then they'll just spend more

Marijuana Tax Considered By Cash-Strapped States

http://www.inquisitr.com/593998/mari...rapped-states/

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    thats what they said about every tax ... it will solve our $$ problems...and for about 1 nanosecond it might, then they'll just spend more
    +1

That, and the last thing we need is more ability for the government to tax and regulate harmless stuff people do in their own home, like what plants they grow.

Enough is enough.

Liars tax on politicians would probably solve our financial problems.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

It is illegal to grow tobacco without paying federal tax. May as well do the same for weed.

Just like distilled spirits. If they catch you with the distillation equipment and/or fermentable materials for liquor, they can take not just the contraband, but also seize the parcel of land and personal property associated with that parcel.

We have allowed this to persist unnoticed by most since prohibition. And it is entirely about control and taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by nonameisgood View Post
    It is illegal to grow tobacco without paying federal tax. May as well do the same for weed.
    So, tell me: in your book, precisely how many wrongs does it take to make a right? Three?

Heck, we might as well have an ammo reloading tax while we're at it. Wouldn't want people to cut into the profits of ammo makers, now would we?

And why not a home brewers tax? What makes beer special?

And what makes these things special compared to food, anyway? Might was well start taxing the heck out of home farmers. Those rebel scum.

Home made furniture? Tax it.

Home made art, up to and including family photographs? Commerce clause it all. It affects the business of photo studios in other states, dammit!

Why, exactly, do you think we should draw the line?

Cooking dinner, perhaps?
    Last edited by marshaul; 03-29-2013 at 01:00 AM.

Re: weed tax = solve $$ problems?

Makes me wanna find a penny stock and throw 200-300 dollars in it. Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Because our govt needs it!

Why would any thinking person believe the politians (D&R) would not find a pet project that will "save or create" jobs , or protect a rare rat, or fund another green energy project, or increase food stamps, or create more "affordable" housing, or...

No matter how much they find a way to take, they can spend it faster.
    What I told my wife when she said my steel Baby Eagle .45 was heavy, "Heavy is good, heavy is reliable, if it doesn't work you could always hit him with it."-Boris the Blade

MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Enough is enough.
    All mala prohibida are regulated as well, drugs, guns, sex, driving and the tyrant's favorite ox.

Quote Originally Posted by mpguy View Post
    Makes me wanna find a penny stock and throw 200-300 dollars in it. Lol
    Look to the performance of BitCoin, particularly with the collapse of the Cypriot economy. I'm stll learning in preparation for installing Bitcoin-Qt. When I first looked it was about USD90/BTC and it is past USD100 now.

FedGov cautioned recently that virtual currency will be regulated on liquidation to sovereign currency.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 03-29-2013 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nonameisgood View Post

Just like distilled spirits. If they catch you with the distillation equipment and/or fermentable materials for liquor, they can take not just the contraband, but also seize the parcel of land and personal property associated with that parcel.

We have allowed this to persist unnoticed by most since prohibition. And it is entirely about control and taxes.
    No, it is not illegal to grow tobacco without paying any taxes on it. It's illegal to sell it without paying the taxes.

As for alcohol I will get that code opened up later.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

I'd agree to a tax on marijuana under one condition only. If in the tax code and/or USC it was written that the revenue raised by the taxation of marijuana was only to be used to as an additional resource to pay back the national debt. Furthermore that conditionally in order to tax marijuana spending must decrease.

Now I am not delusional and I know that is one big pipe dream. So for that reason I wouldn't support a tax on marijuana.
    .45 ACP - Because shooting twice is silly

A cop pulled me over and said, "Papers..." So I said "Scissors, I win!" and drove away.

Of course only commercially grown cannabis could be taxed as it would require too many storm troopers to search everyone's backyard for elicit grows!

Quote Originally Posted by MagiK_SacK View Post
    Now I am not delusional and I know that is one big pipe dream. So for that reason I wouldn't support a tax on marijuana.
    You are delusional. Most tax money just goes into a big account that pays for everything so they'll just say that is isn't from the marijuana tax and it'll be partially true. Nobody would know where the tax money went.

And if it went into a special account just to pay the debt then the money that would have went to debt would go to something else.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

[QUOTE=marshaul;1918441]So, tell me: in your book, precisely how many wrongs does it take to make a right? Three?

.../QUOTE]
    Sorry, forgot to make my sarcasm more apparent. I am NOT advocating taxing what people grow on their own. My point was more directed at the stupid way we regulate, prohibit, and tax.

That said, taxes on some thing act as user fees to facilitate product safety or, as in the case of motor fuel taxes, to build and repair required infrastructure upon which cars and truck operate.

Quote Originally Posted by MagiK_SacK View Post
    I'd agree to a tax on marijuana under one condition only. If in the tax code and/or USC it was written that the revenue raised by the taxation of marijuana was only to be used to as an additional resource to pay back the national debt. Furthermore that conditionally in order to tax marijuana spending must decrease.

The national debt is a myth.

So, I agree, no tax on marijuana.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)