Thread: Awesome! Free Guns For People in Need!

Awesome! Free Guns For People in Need!

Arizona gun proponents launch free gun program

The Armed Citizen Project is part of a national campaign to give shotguns to single women and homeowners in crime-ridden neighborhoods in several cities across the United States.
    LINK
    Armed and annoyingly well informed!

There are two constants when dealing with liberals:
    1) Liberals never quit until they are satisfied.
    2) Liberals are never satisfied.

My brother and I have given guns to gunless worthy people. Know that this works well.

In one case it turned a non gun owner and his wife into multi gun owners with CCWs and very strong surpporters of the 2nd.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Arizona gun proponents launch free gun programThe Armed Citizen Project is part of a

I checked the AZ thread and this one, not having found this up yet, here's a link and FUQ

http://www.centurylink.net/news/read..._viewed&page=1

The Armed Citizen Project is part of a national campaign to give shotguns to single women and homeowners in the nation's crime-ridden neighborhoods, an effort that comes amid a national debate on gun control after mass shootings in Arizona, Colorado and Connecticut.
    As usual, anti-gun "researcher" Wintermute has weighed in saying it's a bad idea.

EDIT ADD: Well my post was apparently moved from News and Political to this area.....For those who might wonder why it looks out of place.
    Last edited by We-the-People; 03-30-2013 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Add bottom line regarding being moved.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

Quote Originally Posted by We-the-People View Post
    I checked the AZ thread and this one, not having found this up yet, here's a link and FUQ

http://www.centurylink.net/news/read..._viewed&page=1

As usual, anti-gun "researcher" Wintermute has weighed in saying it's a bad idea.
    I started a thread about this exact same topic in the general discussion forum about 8 hours before you started this one. Just a heads up.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 03-29-2013 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Merged them and moved it to Gen. Disussion
    Armed and annoyingly well informed!

There are two constants when dealing with liberals:
    1) Liberals never quit until they are satisfied.
    2) Liberals are never satisfied.

Good idea, all states should have free conceal carry classes for those who cannot afford them. In fact it would help in those states where CC is the only carry allowed that all classes should have a limit making them affordable for all. $25 per student, per class sounds reasonable to me.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Good idea, all states should have free conceal carry classes for those who cannot afford them. In fact it would help in those states where CC is the only carry allowed that all classes should have a limit making them affordable for all. $25 per student, per class sounds reasonable to me.
    I think so too. I know KC3 (Kentucky's NRA) was, at one time, give free classes to school teachers for every $20 donation. I thought it was money well spent.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim_Night View Post
    I started a thread about this exact same topic in the general discussion forum about 8 hours before you started this one. Just a heads up.
    Yeah, I didn't check General as to me it's Political News. No problem though, they've apparently been merged to your thread.
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

It may "sound reasonable" to you, but it's not. I'm an instructor, it Michigan we use the NRA Personal Protection Inside The Home course. By NRA regs, and by extention state law we MUST provide EACH student with there own packet, which costs with shipping around $15, we also MUST have the legal section taught by a lawyer, or cop unless we are one, even if we know the material, they do not do this for free, typically it costs about $100-$200 per class to bring someone in. We MUST also pay for class space, where I do mine, I usually pay $50 a day. So "fair" to you would require me to have at least 25 students per class (not counting gas to get there, and back) just to BREAK EVEN, I.E. work for free, it takes me a minimum of 8 hours to teach a class, but in reality including setup, break down, and travel it's closer to 10, how much is 10 hours of YOUR time worth? I would need at least 10 more students (now up to 35 total) just to make the equivalent of $10 an hour, and that's only if I make my students pay for their own range time, and lunch which I normaly pay for both (about $15 total, bringing my cost per student, not counting fees to $30 each, which is $5 more than you would consider "fair for the whole course!), now I do this for a living, do you think it would be possible for me to get 35 people per day EVERY DAY? (And do it for peanuts) Not to mention arranging that much class, and range time, and getting someone set up for the legal?

I want a brand new Ferrari, I think $100 is fair.....

Provide cites to the financial outlays. I find it interesting that it is so tight, and instructors are making so little money, that they have so much of it to throw around on lobbyists. The classes should be provided for ALL, if that means free then so be it, otherwise the fees should be reasonable. I highly doubt that pamphlet sell for more than a paperback of one of Obama's books. If it does please provide a cite to back it up.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Don't those folks know that you need an AR with a thirty round mag to defend yourself? Only Joe Biden types think a shotgun is any use in a self defense situation.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Small_Arms_Collector View Post
    It may "sound reasonable" to you, but it's not. I'm an instructor, it Michigan we use the NRA Personal Protection Inside The Home course. By NRA regs, and by extention state law we MUST provide EACH student with there own packet, which costs with shipping around $15, we also MUST have the legal section taught by a lawyer, or cop unless we are one, even if we know the material, they do not do this for free, typically it costs about $100-$200 per class to bring someone in. We MUST also pay for class space, where I do mine, I usually pay $50 a day. So "fair" to you would require me to have at least 25 students per class (not counting gas to get there, and back) just to BREAK EVEN, I.E. work for free, it takes me a minimum of 8 hours to teach a class, but in reality including setup, break down, and travel it's closer to 10, how much is 10 hours of YOUR time worth? I would need at least 10 more students (now up to 35 total) just to make the equivalent of $10 an hour, and that's only if I make my students pay for their own range time, and lunch which I normaly pay for both (about $15 total, bringing my cost per student, not counting fees to $30 each, which is $5 more than you would consider "fair for the whole course!), now I do this for a living, do you think it would be possible for me to get 35 people per day EVERY DAY? (And do it for peanuts) Not to mention arranging that much class, and range time, and getting someone set up for the legal?

I want a brand new Ferrari, I think $100 is fair.....
    It seems to me that your Liberty is just as valuable as his or mine. No one has any business telling you what you must charge for anything. That's between you and whoever is buying. I held out until I found someone who got me my piece of paper for $60. That's between me and the guy teaching the class. It was no one else's business.

If you can find someone to sell you a Ferrari for $100, good on you. However, if I got one too, would he give us a volume discount?

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    It seems to me that your Liberty is just as valuable as his or mine. No one has any business telling you what you must charge for anything. That's between you and whoever is buying. I held out until I found someone who got me my piece of paper for $60. That's between me and the guy teaching the class. It was no one else's business.

If you can find someone to sell you a Ferrari for $100, good on you. However, if I got one too, would he give us a volume discount?
    There should be no requirement for any type of class to exercise a right, but if there is it should then be reasonable for all. The simple and proper solution is to do away with the government created jobs that infringe on rights. If it is a must, then it must be as close to free as possible to maintain liberty for all.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

There should be no requirement for any type of class to exercise a right, but if there is it should then be reasonable for all. The simple and proper solution is to do away with the government created jobs that infringe on rights. If it is a must, then it must be as close to free as possible to maintain liberty for all.
    You could have ended at the first comma and been absolutely correct. Everything beyond that was compromising on the right in order to "be reasonable". Being "reasonable" is what got us here. I'm tired of that strategy. It is time to demand the RIGHT be recognized and "deinfringed"!
    Beretta92FSLady

Quote Originally Posted by We-the-People View Post
    You could have ended at the first comma and been absolutely correct. Everything beyond that was compromising on the right in order to "be reasonable". Being "reasonable" is what got us here. I'm tired of that strategy. It is time to demand the RIGHT be recognized and "deinfringed"!
    You are right and I agree, but unfortunately you can't seem to get that through to the numpties. IMO there should be no requirement for classes, if the permit is the ONLY way to carry. It should be pay a minimal fee, and given a permit for everybody who wants one. But since it does not work that way and they are requiring classes the classes should be free, or as close as possible to free. It is disgusting that people are so consumed about making a profit from forcing people to take classes to exersize a right. While I have nothing against someone making money, or a profit, I do have something against these instructors that get their panties in a bunch because someone might realize that it is unconstitutional to demand classes.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

You are right and I agree, but unfortunately you can't seem to get that through to the numpties. IMO there should be no requirement for classes, if the permit is the ONLY way to carry. It should be pay a minimal fee, and given a permit for everybody who wants one. But since it does not work that way and they are requiring classes the classes should be free, or as close as possible to free. It is disgusting that people are so consumed about making a profit from forcing people to take classes to exersize a right. While I have nothing against someone making money, or a profit, I do have something against these instructors that get their panties in a bunch because someone might realize that it is unconstitutional to demand classes.
    I agree, the right should be more important than it seems to be to the CC only people who believe in the permission slip.

Once classes are required that cost money, then the "right " becomes an expense, and that helps to keep people away from guns, because as we well know guns and ammo are expensive enough to discourage some people from owning.

Anyhoo, back OT I think what those people are doing is a great idea and something we, as gun owners, should definitely support.
    What I told my wife when she said my steel Baby Eagle .45 was heavy, "Heavy is good, heavy is reliable, if it doesn't work you could always hit him with it."-Boris the Blade

MOLON LABE