Thread: No place for a gun show

No place for a gun show

This editorial from today's (3/29/2013) Daily Press:

"Dozens of law-abiding citizens exercised their Second Amendment rights at Tuesday's James City County Board of Supervisors meeting. No, they didn't break the law and yes, they were within their constitutional rights. But the spectacle was unsettling.
    The advocates, many of whom wore holstered sidearms, were there in very loud support of Sheriff Bob Deeds, who recently posted a statement on his department's official website vowing that he and his deputies will never "aid or abet any encroachment" of a citizen's right to bear arms. After the county administrator directed Sheriff Deeds to take it down, an angry response ensued from local gun owners.

In the sheriff's absence, supporters resorted to bullying tactics with the supervisors, questioning the patriotism of anyone who disagrees with their interpretation of the Second Amendment. While we fully understand what an important issue this is for citizens, taking up the county's time to argue about gun rights was misdirected advocacy. Write your Congressmen instead."

http://www.dailypress.com/news/opini...0,240286.story

I was there, I even spoke. Unsettling? I certainly hope so. The government closest to us tends to become the most tyrannical.

Not to worry, we have communicated with our congresspersons.
    A law-abiding citizen should be able to carry his personal protection firearm anywhere that an armed criminal might go.

Member VCDL, NRA

Seems like the perfect place for a gun show to me.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    I didn't see a show. Aside from the usual sea of GSL stickers, everyone was dressed as they normally do.

I will donate for a one way ticket to New York them

I was unable to locate many actual firearms while there.

And the standard answer for inane statements such as this ("Xxxxxx is no place for a gun show") is:

"Any place a criminal is able to carry a gun ILLEGALLY, a law-abiding citizen should be able to carry a gun, LEGALLY."

That covers just about every area of protest we encounter from the gun-grabbers, with the exception of sterile areas, such as airport terminals. And for the neutral, but more thoughtful folks, it illustrates WHY gun-free zones are a dumb idea.

TFred

Regular Member Old Virginia Joe's Avatar

Write your congressman ???

What has this issue got to do with a US Congressman?! I'm serious. Am I the only one wondering if the writer is really that ignorant about the organization of our country and our local, state, and federal system?
    VCDL, Army Vet, Virginia Native

Hey, Libtards, it's the "Bill of Rights," not the "Bill of Needs" . . . . .

If the 2A does not apply to modern weapons, then the 1A does not apply to modern communications like the Internet! How do you like them apples!?

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by richarcm View Post
    I was unable to locate many actual firearms while there.
    I couldn't see any in the seated areas but most standing except Philip were OC'ing.