• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ATF harassing more gun legal owners

zack991

http://www.businessinsider.com/atf-raids-professional-russian-fpsrussia-2013-3

Nearly 40 law enforcement officers converged Tuesday on the property of a Franklin County man whose business partner was shot to death in January in a homicide that continues to trouble investigators.
U.S. Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms agents supervised the raid geared at finding explosives used by Kyle Myers, 26, because the ATF believes Myers may be violating a federal law regulating such explosives, according to ATF spokesman Richard Coes.
No arrests were made, nor did Coes know if any explosives were seized.
"The idea at one of the locations was to take firearms, but they did not do that," Coes said.

A person is required to obtain a federal explosives manufacturing license if they intend to engage in the business of manufacturing explosives for sale, distribution or for their own business, Coes said.

The ATF believed that Myers was violating this law.

"The claim is that he was using explosives and getting paid for it via YouTube," Coes said.

COMMENTS

So they accuse him of explosives violation even though he has a FFL and a member of his staff has a explosive license, but their goal was to take his firearms? Something smells not right here.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
http://www.businessinsider.com/atf-raids-professional-russian-fpsrussia-2013-3

So they accuse him of explosives violation even though he has a FFL and a member of his staff has a explosive license, but their goal was to take his firearms? Something smells not right here.

Of course something stinks...the federal government is involved. FPS Russia has been making videos for a long while, now all of a sudden they are doing something "illegal"? Give me a break...

ADobbs1989

A person is required to obtain a federal explosives manufacturing license if they intend to engage in the business of manufacturing explosives for sale, distribution or for their own business, Coes said.

Correct me if I am wrong, but one does not need a license to buy, own, nor use tannerite. And I'm fairly certain it's legal in almost every state. Not to mention that to my understanding one can legally own up to 50 lbs of tannerite, if it's not mixed there is no limit. I haven't seen all of his videos, but I have a feeling he has never used more than 50 lbs at once.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Correct me if I am wrong, but one does not need a license to buy, own, nor use tannerite. And I'm fairly certain it's legal in almost every state. Not to mention that to my understanding one can legally own up to 50 lbs of tannerite, if it's not mixed there is no limit. I haven't seen all of his videos, but I have a feeling he has never used more than 50 lbs at once.

I believe you are correct. But I'm sure they "believe" that he has used more than 50 pounds, but he has an employee with an explosives license so that doesn't fly either. This was nothing more than a high level fishing expedition.

KBCraig

Tannerite requires a license if used commercially. The ATF spokes-thing said that because he makes money from his Youtube videos featuring explosions, they were investigating if there was a violation.

Sure. That's why they took 40 agents yet seized nothing, right?

Also, local law enforcement said it was all related to the murder of his business partner; the explosives excuse was just a pretext.

ADobbs1989

Sounds like they have made up about 3 bs stories and none of them match. Kinda like sandy hook...going off of "official reports" about 10 different things happened with 20 different weapons. We will probably never know the true story, but at least it seems no arrests or seizures were made.