• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

new springfield .45

357ruger

HI guys
I picked up my new Springfield Armory .45 in 4.5 in.
I haven't got to shoot it yet because I cant find any ammo anywhere.
I picked it up last Friday . I hope I can find some soon so I can start ocing again.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I assume you are referring to a 1911? You should be able to find .45, keep hunting :)

Last edited:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
no . its the xdm

I was thinking to myself after I posted that it must be an XD because they don't make 1911s with a 4.5 inch barrel. Nice choice. The original XD in .45 was my first handgun. Many guns later and it's still one of my favorites.

E6chevron

I was thinking to myself after I posted that it must be an XD because they don't make 1911s with a 4.5 inch barrel. Nice choice. The original XD in .45 was my first handgun. Many guns later and it's still one of my favorites.

I have had a compact XDM 40SW since they came out and it has served me very well. You will enjoy yours, once you get some ammo!

MPWarrior653

Congrats on the gun, you'll love it. I carried that for a while but have now moved on to an M&P 9C, that XDM 45 will always be my night stand gun though! Beautiful ergonomics and sexy as can be.