• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Chick-Fil-A Fundraiser for Master Trooper Junius Walker April 2, 2013

JesterP99

Chick-Fil-A is doing a "Spirit Night" fundraiser for the VSP association in memory of Master Trooper Junius Walker

The Chick-fil-A at Virginia Center Marketplace will hold a fundraiser Tuesday, April 2, supporting the Virginia State Police Association in memory of Master Trooper Junius Walker. Chick-fil-A will donate 10 percent of all inside sales from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. to the association in memory of Trooper Walker, who was fatally shot while patrolling I-85 March 7. -http://www.henricocitizen.com/index.php/news/article/fundraiser_to_be_held_in_slain_troopers_memory0327#.UVY_QavlNtk

Master Trooper J.A. Walker was shot and killed after stopping for what he believed to be a disabled vehicle on southbound I-85, near mile marker 45, in Dinwiddie County at approximately 1:30 pm.

At some point during the encounter, a subject exited the vehicle and opened fire on Trooper Walker as he sat in his patrol car. He was able to return fire and call for assistance, but his patrol car then lunged forward and ran off the right side of the road coming to rest in the woods approximately 30 feet from the interstate. A passing motorist called 911 to report a trooper in distress. The first two state troopers responded within two minutes of the radio call and one observed the subject standing outside Master Trooper Walker's patrol car with a weapon. The responding trooper and the subject exchanged gunfire before the subject fled on foot into the woods. At approximately 1:58 p.m., deputies with the Dinwiddie County Sheriff's Office took the subject into custody without further incident. The subject was discovered hiding at a local business approximately a half mile away from the shooting scene.

Read more: http://www.odmp.org/officer/21752-master-trooper-junius-a-walker#ixzz2Oyy1MSXr

Chick-Fil-A has always supported out 2nd amendment right to bear arms and has always been pro constitution in times when supporting controversial issues can cause consumer boycotts. This fundraiser is from 5-8pm at the CFA off of Brook Rd next to Green Top. I am planning on going and getting some food, maybe we can organize a bunch of people to come.

Let me know your thoughts...

Jester

Last edited: