Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could Magpul come to Washington?

Could Magpul come to Washington?

Legislation introduced to entice Magpul and other companies to come to Washington...

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/documents/bil...Bills/2020.pdf
    1 AN ACT Relating to expanding economic development and creating jobs
    2 by increasing the availability of ammunition and firearm parts and
    3 accessories in Washington state; amending RCW 7.72.030; adding new
    4 sections to chapter 82.04 RCW; adding a new section to chapter 84.36
    5 RCW; adding a new section to chapter 19.02 RCW; adding a new section to
    6 chapter 23B.01 RCW; adding a new section to chapter 25.15 RCW; adding
    7 a new section to chapter 43.330 RCW; adding a new chapter to Title 19
    8 RCW; creating a new section; and declaring an emergency.
    Live Free or Die!

On armed American radio they said they were already talking about Texas but I don't believe anything is final. Arizona is also actively seeking gun manufacturers.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

And why would they move to North Kalifornia????

Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    Not as bad as you think here, we actually have really decent gun laws.

Did you read the bill I posted a link to?
    Live Free or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by leitung View Post
    Not as bad as you think here, we actually have really decent gun laws.
    I'll concede that WA has pretty good gun laws when compared to other States.

But if you're a business their tax structure absolutely SUCKS!

Having owned a small business previously, and now being involved in a family business, I can say that Magpul or any other gun/ammo manufacturer will need to prepare themselves for a new "Partner". The State will nail them for fees, taxes, more fees, and even more taxes. You will not only get to collect the sales tax and do all the reporting but you'll do it free of charge for the State.

They also extract a B&O tax which is assessed whether you make a dime of profit or not.

The only way WA attracts new businesses, other than those who start their own because they can't find a job, is to have the State offer them a tax break. You have to be the size of Boeing to have that happen.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    I'll concede that WA has pretty good gun laws when compared to other States.

But if you're a business their tax structure absolutely SUCKS!

Having owned a small business previously, and now being involved in a family business, I can say that Magpul or any other gun/ammo manufacturer will need to prepare themselves for a new "Partner". The State will nail them for fees, taxes, more fees, and even more taxes. You will not only get to collect the sales tax and do all the reporting but you'll do it free of charge for the State.

They also extract a B&O tax which is assessed whether you make a dime of profit or not.

The only way WA attracts new businesses, other than those who start their own because they can't find a job, is to have the State offer them a tax break. You have to be the size of Boeing to have that happen.
    And if you read the proposed bill they would be exempt....
    Live Free or Die!

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    And if you read the proposed bill they would be exempt....
    Which would make the Bill immoral.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Y
    N
    S

The WA tax structure, and it's uneven application, is a moral farce.

It kills small business. And giving huge tax breaks to large companies means the rest of us have to just pay more, and more, and more. Boeing management LEFT. Microsoft moved entire departments out of state. Only an idiot, or someone with limited options, would start a company in WA (or move on here)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Is it the governments job to be moral?

Or, is it the governments job to be ethical and transparent?
    Live Free or Die!

The first state that realizes that business does not pay taxes (no matter the law) will be one that grows the most. If a business cannot pass the tax on to the consumer, it will not stay in business. Business collects tax for the government, but it does not "pay" (come out of it's profits) taxes...if it did, it would go out of business.

"Business" taxes are back-door taxes. They tax the populace through the price on the products they purchase, rather than directly.

Re: Could Magpul come to Washington?

The ethics of the state is forged by the morals of the individual citizens. You can't divorce the two IMHO.
    "I'm just a no-account screed-peddler" Dave Workman http://goo.gl/CNf6pB

"We ought to extend the [1994] assault weapons ban" George W Bush

"The Bush Administration declared a permanent ban today on almost all foreign-made semiautomatic assault rifles." George Bush Sr, New York Times on July 8, 1989

"I support the Brady bill and I urge the Congress to enact it without delay." Ronald Regan.

"Guns are an abomination." Richard Nixon

Did you read the bill I posted a link to?
    Yea so what??? There's a few exceptions for now lure em in now, tax 'em later.

The rest of your laws are little better than Kommiefornia, I would never consider living there.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_pro2a View Post
    The ethics of the state is forged by the morals of the individual citizens. You can't divorce the two IMHO.
    +1

Unethical is immoral. Special favors granted is just wrong a huge symptom of crony capitalism that is in place......fascism.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Yea so what??? There's a few exceptions for now lure em in now, tax 'em later.

The rest of your laws are little better than Kommiefornia, I would never consider living there.
    really? cite which laws we have that are "little better then commiefornia" you mean that we have superb constitutional protections in the areas of free speech and search and seizure?

Magpul should come to WA, especially in the port district in Seattle, there is move-in ready industrial facilities and an abundance of skilled workers, their recruitment budget wouldn't have to be high, step into the local union hall and there will be all the skilled workers they need ready to work.

sure the B&O tax is a pain, but that will probably be gone in the next few legislative sessions anyway....
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    really? cite which laws we have that are "little better then commiefornia" you mean that we have superb constitutional protections in the areas of free speech and search and seizure?

Magpul should come to WA, especially in the port district in Seattle, there is move-in ready industrial facilities and an abundance of skilled workers, their recruitment budget wouldn't have to be high, step into the local union hall and there will be all the skilled workers they need ready to work.

sure the B&O tax is a pain, but that will probably be gone in the next few legislative sessions anyway....
    Illegal in WA: SBR, Destructive Devices, Machine gun transfers.

WA: state level preemption that doesn't have a hole the size of Denver City and County. No one has been cited for and plead out for a GFSZ violation in WA. Our State legislature has not passed magazine size limits or the beginnings of an Assault "weapons" ban. Police don't have the authority to DUI checkpoints.

You guys keep electing Patty Murray to the US Senate, I don't need to say any more than that.

Yea 'cause all those businesses moved the hejj out!

Well unless magpul is going to Asia that's not really a concern.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

WA should be recruiting manufacturing that requires machining, since we do have an abundance of suppliers. Boeing has a lot of subcontractors that specialize in tooling and whatnot, so something as finely machined as a firearm would fit nicely in our economy. We have a major port, so importing/exporting won't have extraneous costs.

If only our government(s) wasn't so bi-polar when it comes to business.

Snap!

There is something going on. Matt Shea, and a few others, have introduced and sponsored this,

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/summ...2020&year=2013

I do not support this bill. It is just more pandering via crony capitalism, that it favors businesses I might like does not make it acceptable to further complicate the tax code. Make taxes honest and open. Let people see what they actually pay instead of baking myriad taxes into every product or service we purchase. Quit allowing exceptions for any group of voters you think might allow you to claw back into one more term.

Yes, it is unlikely magpul will come to Washington with its anti business tax structure. (Beer is next for tax increase, Inslee wants to drive breweries out of the state. For me Idaho is 40 min. away.)

jim675, did you send your opinion to Matt?

http://www.leg.wa.gov/house/represen...ages/shea.aspx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast