• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kroger'sin Nicholasville Kentucky

kygunowner

I have lived in this town for or 20+ year and have carried in this store on March 22, 2013 and found a sign on their window. Now you are not aloud to a weapon on there property anywhere so now I emailed them. Letting them know how i feel after living here for that many years and been carrying for 3 years in that store and all they can say is this Thank you for taking the time to email [/COLOR][/U][/B][/B]Kroger regarding the gun policy. Kroger complies with State law as it relates to customers carrying weapons.):banghead::mad::confused:
I will never step another foot in that store again.

You all have a great EASTER SUNDAY

Big Daddy XD

I have lived in this town for or 20+ year and have carried in this store on March 22, 2013 and found a sign on their window. Now you are not aloud to a weapon on there property anywhere so now I emailed them. Letting them know how i feel after living here for that many years and been carrying for 3 years in that store and all they can say is this Thank you for taking the time to email [/COLOR][/U][/B][/B]Kroger regarding the gun policy. Kroger complies with State law as it relates to customers carrying weapons.):banghead::mad::confused:
I will never step another foot in that store again.

You all have a great EASTER SUNDAY

If they comply with KY state law then they allow both open and concealed carry. Email them the KRS statutes and ask for the sign to be removed since they "comply with state law".

Big Daddy XD

It appears that I have misunderstood the original post.

Yes they are within their rights however wrong they may be. Deff talk with the manager and see where he/she stands. Might not even been his/her decision. Might have been a underling. Hope it turns out good. It not then I agree with Gutshot.......time to find a different grocery store.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Or you can continue to carry and ignore their sign if you so choose. If you carry concealed then no one will ever know you are armed; if you are carrying openly then continue to do so until you are asked to leave. If you do OC and you are asked to leave, simply tell them that you will no longer support their store because they make their law-abiding customers easy targets when they disarm the good guys, and walk out.

Either way, this sign means nothing at all legally, so you can ignore it if you would like. I know it is easy for some to say shop somewhere else (mainly because we have access to more than one grocery store), but that isn't always a feasible option. In some small towns and counties the large retail chains have completely destroyed all of the local stores, so you have NO other option.

Continue to carry in Kroger's or decide to find another store to shop with, either way it is your choice.

Brian D.

Up here in Kroger's hometown (Cincinnati) we have one store very conspicuously posted. Trouble is, Kroger does not own the building, they are leasing space in a plaza owned by a large commercial real estate firm. Kroger's can't stop the landlord from posting signage on the outside of their store, and elsewhere around the property. Is the Nicholasville store in a similar situation?

Trouble is, this Kroger's up here is in a sketchy part of town, no way I'd shop there unarmed.

Last edited:

self preservation

When I'm in Mt. Sterling, Winchester or Lexington, it's no big deal for me to take my business else where if I run into a "no guns allowed" sign due to the variety of stores in these areas . The problem I have is when I am shopping in the small town that I live in. For example, we only have 1 grocery store. Luckily, carry is allowed. As it should be considering that it is the only business in town that has ever been a victim of a robbery gone south. The owner and robber killed each other in a fire fight back in the 90's. Anyhow, as already stated, if your town has a Kroger it probably has other places to shop as well. Take your business there. If you have a choice, support those that support you.

LEX_XDM40compact

When I'm in Mt. Sterling, Winchester or Lexington, it's no big deal for me to take my business else where if I run into a "no guns allowed" sign due to the variety of stores in these areas . The problem I have is when I am shopping in the small town that I live in. For example, we only have 1 grocery store. Luckily, carry is allowed. As it should be considering that it is the only business in town that has ever been a victim of a robbery gone south. The owner and robber killed each other in a fire fight back in the 90's. Anyhow, as already stated, if your town has a Kroger it probably has other places to shop as well. Take your business there. If you have a choice, support those that support you.

Well said.

I grew up in Nichoasville and imo the "small town" it was then I couldn't see a no firearm sign at the krogers. Specially seeing my first open carry was last week in the kroger here in lexington.

Anywho just take your grocery shopping to wal mart right up the street. They price match anything and I know for a fact they allow carrying as the few dozen times i have been in there just this year so far I have seen someone carrying almost every time.

Big Daddy XD

My Kroger's in Ashland has no problem with OC or CC. We also have several other options if they ever changed their minds. Its true you could ignore the sign and OC but if you have already had a run in with management over this then that's probably not the best option I wouldn't think. By all means try your best to show them the error in their ways. Talk to the manager personally. Like I said earlier it may have not been his/her decision in the first place. If it wasn't then maybe they will change it. Either way let us know how it goes.