• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Foxhole (Lakewood) kicked out for open carry.....

EMNofSeattle

This makes me think of a recent story I saw in the joint base news publication that are out and about....but not certain.

Basically, the story was a op-ed piece that was critical of Foxhole sales policy. They were not going to sell any AR15 style guns or large capacity clips to anyone but Gov't and LEO....

I'm pretty sure it was them, I'll see if I can find it...

Foxhole sells guns?

decklin

Foxhole sells guns?

No they don't.
I believe the fact that gogo's friend is a Vietnam Vet is relevant to the topic as most of their business comes from JBLM.
I have had issues with Foxhole in the past and so has Tacitus. In fact when he asked the owner the reason for the gun policy he was told, "We're not comfortable with loaded guns because of all the soldiers shooting people."
That was about a year ago and I haven't spent a dime there since.
This is a company that specifically caters to Soldiers. Soldiers that took an oath to defend The Constitution and the Foxhole refuses to recognize it.

Schlepnier

Odd, been going there for over 10 years(well first thier much nicer tacoma location before they closed it down) and have both CC and OC's in there many times with no problems. was the employee who kicked you the short guy or one of the girls?

Munkey Butt

Foxhole has been good to me

I have had good luck OC'ing at the Foxhole. I always unload per the sign on the door. One day i was asked to leave by the older short guy. I told him "I've never had issues here, i'm unloaded per your sign". then he asked one of the ladies and she said "if he is unloaded he is fine". I've unholstered trying shoulder holsters and what not. That was the only time i've had issues.

PJ

amlevin

Regardless of all the hurt feelings there's one solid fact. It's their business and they can have any rules regarding firearms they want.

If they remain in business then it's probably not all that big a deal with the rest of their customers.

SeattleWingsfan

I've talked to the owner of the Foxhole many times, while in my shop renting moving trucks. The interesting thing to me is 92 Yankee is his kids store. I'm not sure what the current situation of the Fox hole is. I'll leave out all that drama, but thanks for posting this. Next time he comes in I will ask about open carry.

Squeak

Well, being a life time NRA member and a Vietnam vet, I think you guys handled the event rather properly!