• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any of you fine people live on the border with DC?

Marco

what good is this section? why have a registration and a penalty for a city resident when registration is not necessary if bought elsewhere? why only city residents, not everybody, is/are subjected to this section? totally useless and will likely be misunderstood/misinterpreted by the jbt's on patrol.
Really???? Since I don't write the stupid laws in DC I have no idea. However, you are free to call the A hole that runs the place and complain to him as much as you like. I merely posted a cite to someone's false claim.

Last edited:

CDT COX

If you want one of the best steaks you'll ever have for a decent price (and in a place where you can still carry) try Ray's the Steaks, near the Courthouse Metro in Arlington.

Ruth's Chris in Crystal City.

Capital Grill in DC.

Going to Ruth's Chris the 22nd. Plan is to head up to DC the morning of the 26th. Capital Grill looks great as well as Ray's. Both have dry aged beef which is what I am after.

vt800c

Friday night, the Nats play the Reds

I'd METRO to the park. It's not that hard to get to. Go early, and spend soe time drinking beer at the Half Street Fairgrounds (live music) then get in the park early to go to the Miller Light Scoreboard walk for $5.00 beers.

If you want cheaper tickets, go to Nationals.com, look at the Schedules and see the promotions for that night. They got a special for a ticket, burger, fries and soda for $20 or $29, depending on where you want to sit.

There are NO bad seats in that park!

Enjoy your visit, enjoy the game and GO NATS!

CDT COX

I'd METRO to the park. It's not that hard to get to. Go early, and spend soe time drinking beer at the Half Street Fairgrounds (live music) then get in the park early to go to the Miller Light Scoreboard walk for $5.00 beers.

If you want cheaper tickets, go to Nationals.com, look at the Schedules and see the promotions for that night. They got a special for a ticket, burger, fries and soda for $20 or $29, depending on where you want to sit.

There are NO bad seats in that park!

Enjoy your visit, enjoy the game and GO NATS!

I went that first season it was open, great ball park. I remember everything being pricey so I'm prepared for that haha

cptstoney

live in FFX(right across from the NRA building), and work in alexandria.

check for hotels around the federal court house. there are some higher hotels in old town alexandria and a bed and breakfeast or two also.

there are ALOT of hotels in fairfax but it's alil bit more of a hassle driving into DC. i would also suggest metro'ing it in. i HATE DRIVING in the NOVA area and driving into dc and finding parking SUCKS.

if you do want to drive there is/was a lot right next to the bureau of engraving and the maine street fish market thats was $8 for the day(might be $10 now)

i recommend resturant eve in old town alexandria for steaks and anything else, my brother was a chef in there before he moved out to san fran to work a benu.

i'll second the rays steak comment from earlier also.

when going to ruth chris in crystal city make sure you get a table at a window, the view of the DC skyline is pretty nice(even thou its of the ghetto part of DC lol)

i'm pretty sure you can rent a locker at blueridge where you can stash your pistol. i'll swing by tonight and ask for ya.

if i wasn't planning on having the jeep doorless and topless i would say you could stash it at my shop while im working.

CDT COX

live in FFX(right across from the NRA building), and work in alexandria.

check for hotels around the federal court house. there are some higher hotels in old town alexandria and a bed and breakfeast or two also.

there are ALOT of hotels in fairfax but it's alil bit more of a hassle driving into DC. i would also suggest metro'ing it in. i HATE DRIVING in the NOVA area and driving into dc and finding parking SUCKS.

if you do want to drive there is/was a lot right next to the bureau of engraving and the maine street fish market thats was $8 for the day(might be $10 now)

i recommend resturant eve in old town alexandria for steaks and anything else, my brother was a chef in there before he moved out to san fran to work a benu.

i'll second the rays steak comment from earlier also.

when going to ruth chris in crystal city make sure you get a table at a window, the view of the DC skyline is pretty nice(even thou its of the ghetto part of DC lol)

i'm pretty sure you can rent a locker at blueridge where you can stash your pistol. i'll swing by tonight and ask for ya.

if i wasn't planning on having the jeep doorless and topless i would say you could stash it at my shop while im working.

The plan now its to find a hotel, motel, cardboard box, ect near a metro station and lock my pistol in the car. Thanks guys

Nelson_Muntz

Campaign Veteran
Really???? Since I don't write the stupid laws in DC I have no idea. However, you are free to call the A hole that runs the place and complain to him as much as you like. I merely posted a cite to someone's false claim.

really capt. snark?

did i accuse you of writing the stupid law?
do you mind if i quote written law from the text of your message and point out it makes no sense? or do i need your permission first?

while you are formulating your brilliant retort, maybe you can ponder this thread:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...-a-long-time&p=1917530&viewfull=1#post1917530