Thread: OC Dinner in Williamsburg April 13, 2013 4pm-6pm

OC Dinner in Williamsburg April 13, 2013 4pm-6pm

Open Carry Dinner in Williamsburg at Bellissimo Pizza Café, 6614 Mooretown Road, Williamsburg 4pm-6pm. Come out and join us! We hope to see you there! The proprietor requests that you show an active CHP to receive a discount.

https://www.facebook.com/events/540248919331199/

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Justine View Post
    Open Carry Dinner in Williamsburg at Bellissimo Pizza Café, 6614 Mooretown Road, Williamsburg 4pm-6pm. Come out and join us! We hope to see you there! The proprietor requests that you show an active CHP to receive a discount.

https://www.facebook.com/events/540248919331199/
    Other places that offer a similar discount, do so if you are OCing (they can see the gun) or if you are CCing they want you to show your CHP, not your handgun - which could be misunderstood as brandishing.

Stickied the thread for you.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Other places that offer a similar discount, do so if you are OCing (they can see the gun) or if you are CCing they want you to show your CHP, not your handgun - which could be misunderstood as brandishing.

Stickied the thread for you.
    Yeah, I know. We've supported three such businesses in the last few weeks. I called this place and the employee I spoke to said they prefer to see a permit, but he may have been mistaken, and it could extend to OCers too. I'll have to follow up later in the week and speak to the actual manager.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Yeah, I know. We've supported three such businesses in the last few weeks. I called this place and the employee I spoke to said they prefer to see a permit.
    I was thinking about coming until I saw that

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    I was thinking about coming until I saw that
    To my knowledge they are supportive of OC, but right now, according to the employee I spoke with, the discount is for CHP holders. I'm going to call and confirm with a manager later this week if the discount extends to an OC person without a CHP as well.

As far as I'm concerned, a business that supports OC or CC regardless of whether or not they offer a discount should be rewarded... but yeah, I hope that employee was mistaken, and they're offering the discount to both OC without a CHP as well as OC/CC with a CHP.

Just having a CHP doesn't mean you are actually carrying....

Quote Originally Posted by zoom6zoom View Post
    Just having a CHP doesn't mean you are actually carrying....
    I realize that. That's the answer I was given by the employee I spoke with when I asked about the discount I had been previously told about by another OCDO member. Either way, they are OC/CC friendly.

I realize that. That's the answer I was given by the employee I spoke with when I asked about the discount I had been previously told about by another OCDO member. Either way, they are OC/CC friendly.
    Let us know what the owner says.
    Just a hint...OC/CC Friendly but CC gets a perk, isn't friendly, just tolerant.

Hey everyone!

The employee I spoke with was incorrect about the CHP being the only discount. I was able to contact management and they assured me that the discount applies to both open carriers as well as those with a current CHP. Sorry for any misunderstandings, I was going off of information from an employee. I hope this satisfies anyone's concerns.

Hey everyone!

The employee I spoke with was incorrect about the CHP being the only discount. I was able to contact management and they assured me that the discount applies to both open carriers as well as those with a current CHP. Sorry for any misunderstandings, I was going off of information from an employee. I hope this satisfies anyone's concerns.
    Thanks Justine!
    We'll try to make it.

Plan on being there myself together with my purdy gun.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

I'll try to make this. Don I'll being carrying the gun with the grips you like :-)

Quote Originally Posted by kimbercarrier View Post
    I'll try to make this. Don I'll being carrying the gun with the grips you like :-)
    Decisions, Decisions...what to wear ?????????

My 460 Rowland or my 460 S&W Magnum or if I finish testing it, the 45/303 Mongo?

I'm sure you'll all accessorize appropriately, ladies! lol

Any estimate as to the anticipated number of attendees?

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Any estimate as to the anticipated number of attendees?
    10-15 is my best guess. Sometimes it's more, and sometimes it's less. This is based off of confirmed RSVPs, not taking in to account spouses, children, friends of RSVPs, and not taking in to account the possible "maybes".

I hope to see you all tomorrow!

Hi gang! newbie here, just joined up today. been lurking for a while and decided to show myself and to RSVP for the dinner. I hope to bring my wife, #1 kid, and an engineer from work (NASA).

I have been to Bellissimos once (this past Tuesday) with my #1 son and a friend. the pizza was great NY style pizza, and the guys behind the counter were very nice. One thing: dont expect to get a free water with your meal. all drinks are for sale, including water (in bottles).

We (the wife and I) have also been to All-Around Pizza in VA Beach. cool place too. we spent 2-1/2 hours chatting with the owner and others in the place.

I have been trying to ask a restaurant owner I know if he will let us in for a get-together. Anybody like Thai food????

Anyway, we will see you Saturday evening for dinner!

H/H

Quote Originally Posted by hafnhaf View Post
    Hi gang! newbie here, just joined up today. been lurking for a while and decided to show myself and to RSVP for the dinner. I hope to bring my wife, #1 kid, and an engineer from work (NASA).

I have been to Bellissimos once (this past Tuesday) with my #1 son and a friend. the pizza was great NY style pizza, and the guys behind the counter were very nice. One thing: dont expect to get a free water with your meal. all drinks are for sale, including water (in bottles).

We (the wife and I) have also been to All-Around Pizza in VA Beach. cool place too. we spent 2-1/2 hours chatting with the owner and others in the place.

I have been trying to ask a restaurant owner I know if he will let us in for a get-together. Anybody like Thai food????

Anyway, we will see you Saturday evening for dinner!

H/H
    Jay at All Around told me about you guys! I stopped in about an hour after you left and was talking to Jay about this OC meet up. I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves, and I look forward to trying the pizza at Bellissimos! See you tomorrow!

WOW, (in)famous already. cool!

Will travel for Thai food. Will not transport the whinger in chief to anything spicy.

I'll ask for more details tomorrow night while I am whinging about eating pizza toppings off a burned saltine cracker. :P

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

They also have hot dogs and subs that you probably won't like.

The Thai place has two locations, Hampton and Newport News. NN is easier to get to. The owner is in Thailand for a few weeks, but I will ask him when he gets back.

I will make it.

Well, that was fun! Nice meeting all of you. Good food and good folks. Hope to see you again soon.

It was good to meet folks and put faces with names.

Please excuse my rudeness in not joining the main crowd but I got into a conversation that was more fun than I had experienced in years.

Hope to see all y'all again, and I promise to try harder to be more social.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit