• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Dinner in Williamsburg April 13, 2013 4pm-6pm

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Open Carry Dinner in Williamsburg at Bellissimo Pizza Café, 6614 Mooretown Road, Williamsburg 4pm-6pm. Come out and join us! We hope to see you there! The proprietor requests that you show an active CHP to receive a discount.

:banana: :monkey

https://www.facebook.com/events/540248919331199/

Other places that offer a similar discount, do so if you are OCing (they can see the gun) or if you are CCing they want you to show your CHP, not your handgun - which could be misunderstood as brandishing.

Stickied the thread for you.

Justine

Other places that offer a similar discount, do so if you are OCing (they can see the gun) or if you are CCing they want you to show your CHP, not your handgun - which could be misunderstood as brandishing.

Stickied the thread for you.

Yeah, I know. We've supported three such businesses in the last few weeks. I called this place and the employee I spoke to said they prefer to see a permit, but he may have been mistaken, and it could extend to OCers too. I'll have to follow up later in the week and speak to the actual manager.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Yeah, I know. We've supported three such businesses in the last few weeks. I called this place and the employee I spoke to said they prefer to see a permit.

I was thinking about coming until I saw that:mad:

Justine

I was thinking about coming until I saw that:mad:

To my knowledge they are supportive of OC, but right now, according to the employee I spoke with, the discount is for CHP holders. I'm going to call and confirm with a manager later this week if the discount extends to an OC person without a CHP as well.

As far as I'm concerned, a business that supports OC or CC regardless of whether or not they offer a discount should be rewarded... but yeah, I hope that employee was mistaken, and they're offering the discount to both OC without a CHP as well as OC/CC with a CHP.

Justine

Just having a CHP doesn't mean you are actually carrying....

I realize that. :) That's the answer I was given by the employee I spoke with when I asked about the discount I had been previously told about by another OCDO member. Either way, they are OC/CC friendly.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I realize that. :) That's the answer I was given by the employee I spoke with when I asked about the discount I had been previously told about by another OCDO member. Either way, they are OC/CC friendly.

Let us know what the owner says.
Just a hint...OC/CC Friendly but CC gets a perk, isn't friendly, just tolerant.

Justine

Hey everyone!

The employee I spoke with was incorrect about the CHP being the only discount. I was able to contact management and they assured me that the discount applies to both open carriers as well as those with a current CHP. :lol: Sorry for any misunderstandings, I was going off of information from an employee. I hope this satisfies anyone's concerns.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Hey everyone!

The employee I spoke with was incorrect about the CHP being the only discount. I was able to contact management and they assured me that the discount applies to both open carriers as well as those with a current CHP. :lol: Sorry for any misunderstandings, I was going off of information from an employee. I hope this satisfies anyone's concerns.

Thanks Justine!
We'll try to make it.

Justine

Any estimate as to the anticipated number of attendees?

10-15 is my best guess. Sometimes it's more, and sometimes it's less. This is based off of confirmed RSVPs, not taking in to account spouses, children, friends of RSVPs, and not taking in to account the possible "maybes".

I hope to see you all tomorrow! :D

hafnhaf

Hi gang! newbie here, just joined up today. been lurking for a while and decided to show myself and to RSVP for the dinner. I hope to bring my wife, #1 kid, and an engineer from work (NASA).

I have been to Bellissimos once (this past Tuesday) with my #1 son and a friend. the pizza was great NY style pizza, and the guys behind the counter were very nice. One thing: dont expect to get a free water with your meal. all drinks are for sale, including water (in bottles).

We (the wife and I) have also been to All-Around Pizza in VA Beach. cool place too. we spent 2-1/2 hours chatting with the owner and others in the place.

I have been trying to ask a restaurant owner I know if he will let us in for a get-together. Anybody like Thai food????

Anyway, we will see you Saturday evening for dinner!

H/H

Justine

Hi gang! newbie here, just joined up today. been lurking for a while and decided to show myself and to RSVP for the dinner. I hope to bring my wife, #1 kid, and an engineer from work (NASA).

I have been to Bellissimos once (this past Tuesday) with my #1 son and a friend. the pizza was great NY style pizza, and the guys behind the counter were very nice. One thing: dont expect to get a free water with your meal. all drinks are for sale, including water (in bottles).

We (the wife and I) have also been to All-Around Pizza in VA Beach. cool place too. we spent 2-1/2 hours chatting with the owner and others in the place.

I have been trying to ask a restaurant owner I know if he will let us in for a get-together. Anybody like Thai food????

Anyway, we will see you Saturday evening for dinner!

H/H

Jay at All Around told me about you guys! I stopped in about an hour after you left and was talking to Jay about this OC meet up. :lol: I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves, and I look forward to trying the pizza at Bellissimos! See you tomorrow!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Will travel for Thai food. Will not transport the whinger in chief to anything spicy.

I'll ask for more details tomorrow night while I am whinging about eating pizza toppings off a burned saltine cracker. :p

stay safe.