Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two Troopers

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Two Troopers

For about a week now, every State Trooper that's pulled a car over had a Trooper in standard uniform giving the ticket and a second one (One car) in BDU's nurse maiding his back.

I thought it was because of the trooper that was killed and it may be, but who is the GI Joe?
    Is it a State Trooper or Homeland Security?

It's OC related because the second one is really working the rear windows over I assume looking for guns.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    For about a week now, every State Trooper that's pulled a car over had a Trooper in standard uniform giving the ticket and a second one (One car) in BDU's nurse maiding his back.

I thought it was because of the trooper that was killed and it may be, but who is the GI Joe?

It's OC related because the second one is really working the rear windows over I assume looking for guns.
    file a records request ... find out

Just thinking aloud peter, could one of them be in training ? I saw the commercial vehicle enforcement state trooper on Thursday morning with a truck pulled over just outside Green Bay on 460 when I was on my way back from Charlotte CH. He was on his own as always

Founder's Club Member
    Two troopers is too troopers.

(Not really. I'm just on my second scotch, and it sounded cool. Too troopers, too troopers, too troopers! Say it tree times fash.)

'Scyoosh me, while I refesh...feeresh...get another drink.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Originally Posted by peter nap

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    file a records request ... find out
    Indeed - inquiring minds want to know.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Two Troopers

Standing to the rear right is the best observer position that does not create a crossfire situation. The second officer can shoot at a 45 degree angle at the driver or down into the backseat of the car.

As for the BDU bandit, who knows.

Did Mr. BDU

have one of those 7000 DHS fully automatic M4 "personal Defense Weapon" ?

Two Troopers

Quote Originally Posted by va_tazdad View Post
    have one of those 7000 DHS fully automatic M4 "personal Defense Weapon" ?
    DHS is there for your safety. Don't be so critical of the state protection force.

Sorry. I make a terrible dictator.

Well if it's HLD ask if you can buy some . 40 off him. I hear they bought 1.6 billion rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by 92fan View Post
    Well if it's HLD ask if you can buy some . 40 off him. I hear they bought 1.6 billion rounds.
    pffft .. peter nap uses an entire .40 round as just the primer for his reloads

Quote Originally Posted by 92fan View Post
    Got plenty of 40's. I use them in my 10 mm for plinking rounds. I use the 10 for small game I don't want to destroy much meat

The uniform is what's bothering me and I've seen this several times lately in different counties.
    I am going to FOIA it as soon as I figure what to ask for and if it is Homeland....I'm going to spend some time with the camera. That crap isn't going to happen here.

My guess would be a commercial weight officer..... I don't know if they have that program in VA, but in Washington the state patrol has state troopers, who are fully commisioned peace officers, and commercial weight officers who deal with commercial vehicle inspections, weigh stations etc. but CVEOs do part of their training with the state troopers by riding along with troopers, also in WA CVEOs on duty wear a black jumpsuit that looks somewhat like BDUs becuase part of their job involves crawling under trucks and trailers and a conventional police uniform would get stained or damaged while doing that kind of work.

that's my guess..... what I would assume seeing myself...

but do find out.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    My guess would be a commercial weight officer..... I don't know if they have that program in VA, but in Washington the state patrol has state troopers, who are fully commisioned peace officers, and commercial weight officers who deal with commercial vehicle inspections, weigh stations etc. but CVEOs do part of their training with the state troopers by riding along with troopers, also in WA CVEOs on duty wear a black jumpsuit that looks somewhat like BDUs becuase part of their job involves crawling under trucks and trailers and a conventional police uniform would get stained or damaged while doing that kind of work.

that's my guess..... what I would assume seeing myself...

but do find out.
    Here we have the Enforcement Division of the SCC. I used to work for the SCC.
    These were individual cars being pulled, not commercial vehicles. Maybe I'll see one today and get a picture.

Got plenty of 40's. I use them in my 10 mm for plinking rounds. I use the 10 for small game I don't want to destroy much meat

The uniform is what's bothering me and I've seen this several times lately in different counties.
    I am going to FOIA it as soon as I figure what to ask for and if it is Homeland....I'm going to spend some time with the camera. That crap isn't going to happen here.
    Did you happen to notice any insignia on the BDUs? I've seen VSP in BDUs which had the familiar VSP shoulder patch.
    A law-abiding citizen should be able to carry his personal protection firearm anywhere that an armed criminal might go.

Member VCDL, NRA

Sounds like a Trooper in Training. http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Employmen..._Training.shtm Typically new Troopers are not issued regular uniforms until closer to graduation. BDU's are standard issue to Troopers in Training.

VSP Troopers assigned to truck/weight detail do wear BDUs. FWIW a Trooper is a Trooper is a Trooper. They can be assigned to a variety of details throughout their careers. Patrol, truck/weight, scales, motorcycle, Governor protection, investigations, etc.

Also, when recruits are hired, they are placed with another Trooper for ride time until the academy starts. After the academy they ride with a FTO until released.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

For about a week now, every State Trooper that's pulled a car over had a Trooper in standard uniform giving the ticket and a second one (One car) in BDU's nurse maiding his back...
    NOT to attempt discreditation, but what is the source for this information, personal observation? If so, what percentage of encounters do you feel you are personally observing, and to what theater of operation have you been limited?
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Just out of curiosity ... was the second individual in BDUs armed?

If he is a recruit and stashed with the a sworn LEO until his academy class begins, his carrying a firearm would make me very nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    NOT to attempt discreditation, but what is the source for this information, personal observation? If so, what percentage of encounters do you feel you are personally observing, and to what theater of operation have you been limited?
    The source of the information is me!

what theater of operation have you been limited?
    What are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by USNA69 View Post
    Just out of curiosity ... was the second individual in BDUs armed?

If he is a recruit and stashed with the a sworn LEO until his academy class begins, his carrying a firearm would make me very nervous.
    Yeah, they were armed. There may have been patches but the only thing I noticed on any of them was POLICE written in large print on the back of their jacket.

The source of the information is me!

What are you talking about?
    So you have been a personal witness to every Trooper stop in the state recently? How is my meaning not clear? Look at the question you skipped when quoting me, and the context should explain it: what percentage of encounters do you feel you are personally observing?

I wasn't intending to be confrontational, just get a feel for what you meant by "every" Trooper stop. A theater is an area, so what part of the state have you been seeing this? This will help in giving the discussion an idea. For example, if you live within 30 minutes of the training facilities, it might mean something. If you live within 30 minutes of some DHS liaison office, it might mean something.
    Last edited by MAC702; 03-31-2013 at 06:48 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    So you have been a personal witness to every Trooper stop in the state recently? How is my meaning not clear? Look at the question you skipped when quoting me, and the context should explain it: what percentage of encounters do you feel you are personally observing?

I wasn't intending to be confrontational, just get a feel for what you meant by "every" Trooper stop. A theater is an area, so what part of the state have you been seeing this? This will help in giving the discussion an idea. For example, if you live within 30 minutes of the training facilities, it might mean something. If you live within 30 minutes of some DHS liaison office, it might mean something.
    I didn't say I'd seen every one in the state.

It sounded confrontational and I took it that way.

We are not in the military and I've been seeing them over the Southern part of Va. on the interstates and 360 which is the hot link into the South here.

The only DHS office I know of is in Richmond, which is central to the area I cover (about 200 miles).

Going East from Richmond today, all State police cars had one occupant and no one was pulled over probably because it was raining.

I didn't say I'd seen every one in the state.

It sounded confrontational and I took it that way.

We are not in the military and I've been seeing them over the Southern part of Va. on the interstates and 360 which is the hot link into the South here.

The only DHS office I know of is in Richmond, which is central to the area I cover (about 200 miles).

Going East from Richmond today, all State police cars had one occupant and no one was pulled over probably because it was raining.
    N 360 or S 360?

Quote Originally Posted by All American Nightmare View Post
    N 360 or S 360?
    South. Amelia.

Chesterfield County SWAT trainees wear BDU's. I like to OC where they are having lunch. First time I saw them, I thought the NG was eating lunch.

Am I the only one uncomfortable with the level of militarization of our police forces?
    Remember Peter Nap and Skidmark. Do them proud. Be active. Be well informed. ALL rights matter.

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when you may have to back up your acts with your life."

--Robert A. Heinlein

Hey NSA! *&$# you. Record this--- MOLON LABE!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast